To: 贴心宝贝, 给你朋友的几点建议

来源: gzlady 2007-12-28 06:28:50 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2480 bytes)
First, she should find a lawyer. She might be able to qualify for legal aid since her income is much less than the federal poverty level, which was $17,113 annual income for 2 people in 2007. Even though she is not a permanent resident, her child is a U.S. citizen. So, please tell her to never sign papers to give up her custody rights. She should let the court know that her hu*****and abused her and their child, giving only $800 per month for living, which is much less than the amount for basic survival.

Second, she needs to prove to the court that she is a better parent than her hu*****and, that she is able to provide better care to the child. In general, most mothers will get custody for the young child, regardless their financial status. Unless, her hu*****and can prove that she is an unfit mother. In order to win the custody she should try to keep herself calm; she should never display evidence of mental or emotionally instability towards her hu*****and. Therefore, she should not physically attack her hu*****and, or harm herself, but most importantly she should not scream or cry in the courtroom. There are many ways to show emotional instability as well, so she should try her best to avoid excessive behavior in public.

Third, even though I believe that being an independent woman is important, her current situation demands that she take into consideration the importance of her child’s well-being. Winning custody of her child is the most important matter at the moment, and if she can get custody then she will be eligible for child support and alimony. If the income from her alimony and child support is lower than the poverty line then her child will still eligible for welfare. I think it would be helpful for her to take on a side job, such as babysitting at home. This will help her earning extra income, and at the same time she might be able to learn English.

4. Maybe she should contact some social service agencies or Chinese associations to get help as soon as she can. They should be able to give her some guidance, meanwhile she should keep this a secret from her hu*****and. Otherwise, her hu*****and will have time to figure out some other ways to conspire against her.

Sorry, I have to write this in English, since it will take me forever to type all this in Chinese.

Click to read about free legal services

所有跟帖: 

very valuable advices in English -带枪天使- 给 带枪天使 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 12/28/2007 postreply 06:45:54

Thank you :), hope my suggestions will be useful for her -gzlady- 给 gzlady 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 12/28/2007 postreply 06:50:09

Good morning. Your post is always so helpful -what_name_to_use- 给 what_name_to_use 发送悄悄话 (53 bytes) () 12/28/2007 postreply 06:53:52

Good morning! thank you, I am flattered! I stay home today -gzlady- 给 gzlady 发送悄悄话 (318 bytes) () 12/28/2007 postreply 07:00:07

Sorry about your car -what_name_to_use- 给 what_name_to_use 发送悄悄话 (114 bytes) () 12/28/2007 postreply 07:03:59

Thank you, I hope so too, my car is not that new, five years -gzlady- 给 gzlady 发送悄悄话 (114 bytes) () 12/28/2007 postreply 07:07:53

Most cars have 5 or 7 year powertrain warranty -what_name_to_use- 给 what_name_to_use 发送悄悄话 (119 bytes) () 12/28/2007 postreply 07:17:11

Congredulations! i don't know if I still have warranty on -gzlady- 给 gzlady 发送悄悄话 (154 bytes) () 12/28/2007 postreply 07:25:14

Really useful advice! Happy Holidays! -梦回大唐- 给 梦回大唐 发送悄悄话 梦回大唐 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/28/2007 postreply 07:40:41

Thank you, happy holidays to you too :))) -gzlady- 给 gzlady 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 12/28/2007 postreply 07:44:43

谢谢大家,她已经看了这两天的记录,当局者迷,旁人的意见希望可以帮得到她吧。 -贴心宝贝- 给 贴心宝贝 发送悄悄话 贴心宝贝 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/28/2007 postreply 08:05:34

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”