My First Black Friday shopping experience

来源: lucky_wife 2010-11-26 08:00:21 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2986 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ lucky_wife ] 在 2010-11-27 09:56:24 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

I planned to get a laptop and a 傻瓜 camera this holiday, but did not plan the crazy Black Friday shopping.

Somehow I woke up at 3:45 AM, since I am not sure if I was able to fall back sleep, so I thought why not get up now to see if I can get any great deals on Black Friday.

After brush hair and teeth and eat a bagel, I drove to nearby BestBuy store and arrived at 4:30 AM.  OMG, the line is so long.  As I said earlier, this is the very first time for me, and I had no idea so many people are waiting are here.  The weather is cold and wind is blowing.  My position in line is next a brick post, so I hide behind the post to avoid the wind.  I still felt really cold and had to move my feet to stay warm.

Tim Horton employees were offering free coffee and cookie for people and distributing their coupons.  That's really nice of them.  I took a cookie and but not able to open the wrap.  5 AM the store opens its door, and 5:15 AM I was able to get in.  Thank God, inside is warm.

So I asked about the Sony $399 laptop, only to found out those are long gone.  People in the front line already got the ticket for them.  I asked one person who was able to get $399 laptop ticket and was told that he waited outside since 10 PM the night before.  Camping over night to get 200 bucks saving? I don't think so, it's just NOT worth it.

Now that the laptop is gone, I went over to see if the camera I wanted is on sale or not.  Luckily the Sony-DSC W350 camera is $137.99 compared to $168 regular price, so I picked up this item and a 4GB camera memeory card on sale for $7.99.

Walking out bestbuy, I went to the next door OfficeMax to see if they have laptop deals, only two people were waiting outside.  The store opens at 7 AM, but it's only 6 AM.  I don't think I can wait another hour, so I left there.

Then I drove to near by Staples because I remember saw their Ad $299 HP laptop.  Luckily store is alreay open, but still I have to wait inline to get doorbuster ticket.  I waited about 10 minutes, the $299 HP laptop is sold out, only the $399 and $499 HP available.

I am not even sure if this is great deal or not, but I decided to get it anyway, since I can return it later if I found something better.  I also picked up Garmin nuvi 265WT portable GPS for $99.99, and a few small items.  Still I waited inside the store at the laptop checkout line for long time and got this $399.98 14.5 inch HP laptop with AMD Athlon Dual-Core Processor P340, 4GB RAM and 500GB Hard Drive. 

On the way back home I stopped by H H Gregg to see if they have any better laptop deals.  since the configuration is all different, it's really hard to compare, I did not get anything there.

8 AM I am back home.  4 hours, 4 stores, it's not that bad.

Do I want to do this again?  probabaly not.

所有跟帖: 

我从没在BF买过东西,觉得打折的东西必有打折的原因,而且往往会因为打折而买一些 -MLJ- 给 MLJ 发送悄悄话 MLJ 的博客首页 (51 bytes) () 11/26/2010 postreply 08:58:19

what an experience!!! -2009路- 给 2009路 发送悄悄话 2009路 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/26/2010 postreply 09:57:54

DEAR,你写得太好了,真的是最后都晕了,不知道哪个是哪个,所以我最后决定还是在阿马孙上面 -Oona- 给 Oona 发送悄悄话 Oona 的博客首页 (100 bytes) () 11/26/2010 postreply 11:47:45

真佩服你的热情,我在你全身心购物的时候还蒙头大睡呢,下午才懒洋洋第去买了个吸尘器。 -alazycatinsd- 给 alazycatinsd 发送悄悄话 alazycatinsd 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/26/2010 postreply 20:15:57

What an experience, I went out to shop too, it wasn't that bad -gzlady- 给 gzlady 发送悄悄话 gzlady 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/26/2010 postreply 21:39:43

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”