Amazing grace!

来源: 爱吃爱喝爱美 2007-01-16 05:06:38 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3325 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 爱吃爱喝爱美 ] 在 2007-01-16 08:59:50 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
The story of God’s faithfulness:

I took on a new job in March 2005 – more responsibility, private office, etc. But I was completely miserable and out of my element there. Dealing with a VP who was very demanding and micro-managing. Dealing with people who’s idea of communication was to use the “f” word constantly. Customers who were relentlessly demanding and unappreciative. Staff that continuously questioned my ability to lead them. In short, this job turned out to be a living hell. It began to effect me physically and psychologically to the point of exhaustion, panic attacks and near a nervous breakdown. I could see no future with this company and I couldn’t see any other job on the horizon either. I simply trusted God here and resigned. We are a single income family – so this was a huge step of faith. Resigning was excellent for my health & well being. And my wife was extremely supportive. So after a great camping trip, I began the task of looking for a new job. I was devoted to this – for 8 hours a day I’d do research, get in touch with my network of friends and look for a suitable job. I found many opportunities. But none of them came through – the door was always closed. Then on the 4th day of searching, out of the blue, I received a phone call from a head-hunter for AMD. They were very interested. I flew out to Texas , interviewed with them and felt sure they’d offer me a job. And they did. I wasn’t even looking for them – they found me. My skills matched perfectly. AMD has been very generous to me & my family – I am amazed. And, I am fond of the company and their products (always have been). It’s a dream job – really. In short order, we moved out of our home in Utah , relocated to Texas for 2 months – then moved to Germany where we are planning to live for the next 2 years. We sold our house in Utah and bought a home in Texas for a tax shelter and to establish Texas residency. It’s a beautiful new home – we are leasing it back to the builder – they are paying rent while we’re in Germany .

So as I see it, here’s what God did for us:

Heard the earnest prayers of my young kids as they prayed for “daddy’s job” while living in Utah .
Blessed me with peace and a supporting wife in what would normally have been a very stressful time as I resigned and looked for a new job.
Closed every door I attempted to open and opened a new door which I never would have tried.
Blessed us financially – Utah home sold (excellent price too), Texas home bought & reliable renter provided, cars sold, house hold goods stored in Texas, flew us to Germany (first class), all expenses paid while we are living in Germany, driving a Mercedes, living in a mansion J.
Gave me a hope & future – Just as the Lord did for Israel , so he did for us : “For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”.

Somewhere in the midst of all this, we also began to increase or monthly support of good ministries. I don’t know if this had any impact on God’s blessings – but it’s an interesting thought
这是我先生给他的朋友写的,关于我们家在过去的半年里所经历的一个总结。朋友说很鼓舞人心,在此和姐妹们分享一下。

所有跟帖: 

Congrats. So touching. Thanks for sharing. -maggiemay_pei- 给 maggiemay_pei 发送悄悄话 maggiemay_pei 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/16/2007 postreply 06:15:24

wow,,,what a story!!! -舜幻- 给 舜幻 发送悄悄话 舜幻 的博客首页 (457 bytes) () 01/16/2007 postreply 06:47:36

Thanks for sharing -lucky_wife- 给 lucky_wife 发送悄悄话 (61 bytes) () 01/16/2007 postreply 06:53:47

nice story. thx for sharing. -chinesebuns- 给 chinesebuns 发送悄悄话 chinesebuns 的博客首页 (140 bytes) () 01/16/2007 postreply 08:45:48

Thanks for sharing! proud of you for being so supportative -菲妈妈- 给 菲妈妈 发送悄悄话 菲妈妈 的博客首页 (52 bytes) () 01/16/2007 postreply 08:56:22

Congratulations! and thanks for sharing -gzlady- 给 gzlady 发送悄悄话 (2242 bytes) () 01/16/2007 postreply 09:47:25

gzlady, you have my respect -lucky_wife- 给 lucky_wife 发送悄悄话 (205 bytes) () 01/16/2007 postreply 10:28:42

Thank you for your kind words, you are a wonderful -gzlady- 给 gzlady 发送悄悄话 (98 bytes) () 01/16/2007 postreply 10:32:42

well-done! super! proud of you -icefan- 给 icefan 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 01/16/2007 postreply 13:49:51

Thank you -gzlady- 给 gzlady 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 01/16/2007 postreply 13:57:44

Are we believing in God for such practial reward? -URFunny- 给 URFunny 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 01/16/2007 postreply 16:44:42

回复:Are we believing in God for such practial reward? -爱吃爱喝爱美- 给 爱吃爱喝爱美 发送悄悄话 (27 bytes) () 01/17/2007 postreply 01:18:23

回复:Are we believing in God for such practial reward? -爱吃爱喝爱美- 给 爱吃爱喝爱美 发送悄悄话 (311 bytes) () 01/17/2007 postreply 01:42:18

写的真好,愿神祝福你们一家。。 -Pandabear- 给 Pandabear 发送悄悄话 (38 bytes) () 01/17/2007 postreply 09:25:58

谢谢分享, 很受到鼓舞和激励.愿神继续赐福你们一家. -小小蒲公英- 给 小小蒲公英 发送悄悄话 小小蒲公英 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/18/2007 postreply 08:43:01

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”