分享一碗浓浓的鸡汤:As I began to love myself

来源: alohamora 2017-10-03 12:31:51 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3302 bytes)

配合一下楼下关于(中年)女性魅力的讨论。

注:此诗网上疯传是Charlie Chaplin 在其70岁生日时所作。但有人指出此文是译自 “When I Loved Myself Enough” by Kim & Alison McMillen。Kim McMillen原话和此诗不完全一致,但两者“神”似。所以,很可能是有人受McMillen的影响,灵感爆发后而写,假借了卓别林的名气。不管出自谁人之手,文字还是相当不错的鸡汤。

此诗在国内貌似还挺火(?), 拜冯小刚冯导的推崇。他曾经在一个朗诵的节目上,读的就是这首诗(文子)的中译本。(我人在外,手机发帖不宜,大家自己找一下中译本吧)

As I began to love myself 

As I began to love myself I found that anguish and emotional suffering are only warning signs that I was living against my own truth. Today, I know, this is “AUTHENTICITY”.

As I began to love myself I understood how much it can offend somebody if I try to force my desires on this person, even though I knew the time was not right and the person was not ready for it, and even though this person was me. Today I call it “RESPECT”.

As I began to love myself I stopped craving for a different life, and I could see that everything that surrounded me was inviting me to grow. Today I call it “MATURITY”.

As I began to love myself I understood that at any circumstance, I am in the right place at the right time, and everything happens at the exactly right moment. So I could be calm. Today I call it “SELF-CONFIDENCE”.

As I began to love myself I quit stealing my own time, and I stopped designing huge projects for the future. Today, I only do what brings me joy and happiness, things I love to do and that make my heart cheer, and I do them in my own way and in my own rhythm. Today I call it “SIMPLICITY”.

As I began to love myself I freed myself of anything that is no good for my health – food, people, things, situations, and everything that drew me down and away from myself. At first I called this attitude a healthy egoism. Today I know it is “LOVE OF ONESELF”.

As I began to love myself I quit trying to always be right, and ever since I was wrong less of the time. Today I discovered that is “MODESTY”.

As I began to love myself I refused to go on living in the past and worrying about the future. Now, I only live for the moment, where everything is happening. Today I live each day, day by day, and I call it “FULFILLMENT”.

As I began to love myself I recognized that my mind can disturb me and it can make me sick. But as I connected it to my heart, my mind became a valuable ally. Today I call this connection “WISDOM OF THE HEART”.

We no longer need to fear arguments, confrontations or any kind of problems with ourselves or others. Even stars collide, and out of their crashing new worlds are born. Today I know “THAT IS LIFE”!

所有跟帖: 

我觉得人对自身的探讨最重要。中译文在此: -alazycatinsd- 给 alazycatinsd 发送悄悄话 alazycatinsd 的博客首页 (4907 bytes) () 10/03/2017 postreply 12:38:55

老夫子和猫大都赞! -GoGym- 给 GoGym 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 10/03/2017 postreply 12:52:38

谢谢“鸡汤”:) -唐七巧- 给 唐七巧 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 10/03/2017 postreply 13:04:42

差不多就是这样。。不过是比较鸡汤。。 -zhuangqiushui- 给 zhuangqiushui 发送悄悄话 zhuangqiushui 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/03/2017 postreply 13:50:52

原味。 -冷月亮~~- 给 冷月亮~~ 发送悄悄话 冷月亮~~ 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/03/2017 postreply 14:00:07

好看!谢谢分享 -糯米粥- 给 糯米粥 发送悄悄话 糯米粥 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/03/2017 postreply 16:22:43

当我开始耐我自己,吃好,睡好,玩好,作好,咋都好。 -sansemao- 给 sansemao 发送悄悄话 sansemao 的博客首页 (65 bytes) () 10/03/2017 postreply 18:49:08

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”