here:

来源: -worldance- 2017-11-25 10:20:24 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (2631 bytes)
回答: To 军大衣, my 2 cents.-worldance-2017-11-25 10:19:25
Based on my reading of the responses to your original post,

1. why building up your son's friend circle and parent's circle are important? Because there are major value system differences between your family and the local school environment, it's not just simple bully behavior in any school in Europe or US.

2. The main reasons behind zero tolerance in US schools are
a) many homes have guns,
b) statistics show that majority of shooter were the victims of bully, and
c) high incident rate of school shooting. 
Without these major factors and in a relatively homogeneous environment(similar value and culture), i agree that bully is a part of growing up experience, let the boys hand it by themselves.

3) joining Boy Scout is not for bully, it's about to build up basic life skills and personal characters. Another benefit is to meet different type of people. There are many Boy Scout troops around( i don't know Taiwain), you might want to interview a few with the adult troop leaders(very important).  I would avoid "smooth talkers" and prefer "doers", a person who has a lots of outdoor experiences, fair and strict disciplinary style, clear thinking and provides firm guidance.
Both high competitive team sports and boy scout experiences are good for helping boys to build up psychological strength when facing either difficult situations or someone is bigger, stronger and aggressive. My son was a nerdy boy when he was in 3rd gr., we tried very hard to get him in team  sports but he didn't like any. However, he stuck to Boy scout from 3-10 gr. until he got Eagle rank(Yay!)  His college professors told us that he was the coolest student on campus.

I think with your "to do list", your son will be doing fine. Look beyond it, focus on positive experiences, stick to your highest education principles. Every culture has good and bad, don't let the "bad" get on your kid and you. I strongly disagree use "bully" to against bully, we don't need to lower ourselves to fight bully. It's morally deteriorating and what we are teaching? Power rules all?

If you have more questions regarding Boy scout, feel free to ask. Good luck!

所有跟帖: 

我们处理事情不会走极端的 -军大衣- 给 军大衣 发送悄悄话 (152 bytes) () 11/25/2017 postreply 10:29:37

台湾人还用这么复杂?just beat the shit out of them -Xingfujiaren- 给 Xingfujiaren 发送悄悄话 Xingfujiaren 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/25/2017 postreply 12:24:13

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”