We build the wall to keep us free

来源: sweetbug 2017-06-19 14:26:33 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3594 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ sweetbug ] 在 2017-06-19 14:42:00 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

最近在收音机上听到这首歌,挺喜欢的。

Why We Build The Wall

HADES
Why do we build the wall?
My children, my children

CERBERUS
That?s why we build the wall

HADES
How does the wall keep us free?
My children, my children

CERBERUS
The wall keeps out the enemy
And we build the wall to keep us free

HADES
Who do we call the enemy?
My children, my children

CERBERUS
The enemy is poverty
And the wall keeps out the enemy
That's why we build the wall

HADES
Because we have and they have not!
My children, my children
Because they want what we have got!

CERBERUS
Because we have and they have not!
Because they want what we have got!
The enemy is poverty

HADES
What do we have that they should want?
My children, my children

CERBERUS
We have a wall to work upon!
We have work and they have none
And our work is never done
My children, my children
And the war is never won
The enemy is poverty

在网上看到的一个评论:

Obviously, a wall around the underworld would be meant primarily to keep people in. But the most effective way to keep people in is a mental wall: the idea that something outside is worse.

The circular argument made by the residents of Hadestown is that building the wall provides meaningful work and a common goal: specifically, the work of keeping out those poor people who lack meaningful work and a common goal. Stories of the underworld often tell of people forced as punishment to perform useless, never-ending tasks – in Hadestown, the people have been convinced to do so willingly.

This is reminiscent of George Orwell’s 1984, where the country is in a state of eternal war with its neighbors, whose only purpose is to give the citizens a cause to unite and an enemy to blame for their problems – Big Brother could not possibly maintain an iron grip on his people in a time of peace.

所有跟帖: 

挺好听的。。 -zhuangqiushui- 给 zhuangqiushui 发送悄悄话 zhuangqiushui 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/19/2017 postreply 14:52:35

和pink floyd的the wall主题挺一致的 -alohamora- 给 alohamora 发送悄悄话 (53 bytes) () 06/19/2017 postreply 14:58:21

又听了一下,曲子和led zeppelin stairway to heaven有相似处 -alohamora- 给 alohamora 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 06/19/2017 postreply 15:01:25

曲子后部还有别的熟悉的老歌,一下子想不起来是哪首啦。:( -alohamora- 给 alohamora 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 06/19/2017 postreply 15:07:35

有一小段,让我想起The Doors, Riders on the storm. -alohamora- 给 alohamora 发送悄悄话 (77 bytes) () 06/19/2017 postreply 15:15:26

这也是我喜欢的一首歌,但我没有联想起来。:) -sweetbug- 给 sweetbug 发送悄悄话 sweetbug 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/19/2017 postreply 15:16:34

发现我和你喜欢听的音乐都差不多。最近经常听Leonard Cohen的歌。有几首非常喜欢的。 -sweetbug- 给 sweetbug 发送悄悄话 sweetbug 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/19/2017 postreply 15:22:47

嗯。政治观点接近。哈哈。这类歌,只是俺喜欢的一小部分,喜欢更多的 -alohamora- 给 alohamora 发送悄悄话 (34 bytes) () 06/19/2017 postreply 15:28:34

我也喜欢folk song的。:) -sweetbug- 给 sweetbug 发送悄悄话 sweetbug 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/19/2017 postreply 16:35:40

我也很喜欢Stairway to Heaven. 这首歌是她写的歌剧Hadestown 里的一首歌。 -sweetbug- 给 sweetbug 发送悄悄话 sweetbug 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/19/2017 postreply 15:12:43

将近十年前写的。 -sweetbug- 给 sweetbug 发送悄悄话 sweetbug 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/19/2017 postreply 15:15:26

教皇说:俺们真正的基督徒建桥,不建墙。 -alohamora- 给 alohamora 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 06/19/2017 postreply 15:06:11

赞。 -sweetbug- 给 sweetbug 发送悄悄话 sweetbug 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/19/2017 postreply 15:15:52

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”