I strongly disagree with the below comments regarding gay pride

来源: BlessedBear2 2016-06-13 08:03:56 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1430 bytes)

Sorry to type English here (pressing for time). Please excuse any typos.

I have been to several gay pride parade events and there were some risque outfits (only a small percentage). Plus, there were plenty of heterosexual people who wear risque outfits.

The post by Ying's friend is very clear to me that homosexual people do not self-loath, but feel less equal because of the entire society (for example, the legal system is stacked against them). 

Homosexual people as a group is discriminated against on a daily basis. This has nothing to do with how they feel about themselves. Having gay pride parade is to some extent bring awareness to this social issue. Why can't they participate in such event?

As a female, I work in an industry where majority of the partners are white males. It is very hard for a minority female to become a partner comparing to a white male. Women also make less than men in general. This does not mean that I am less good, however, the reality tells me that the legal industry thinks female is less good than a white male. That's why there are a lot Female Attorney Associations and Diversity events promoting female attorneys. Similarly, I actively participate in these events-not because I think less of myself-but to bring awareness to this gender inequality issue.

所有跟帖: 

应该倡议文学城成立一个专门的坛,全面科普...... -wwonder- 给 wwonder 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 06/13/2016 postreply 08:23:36

well.said, attending the gay pride events is just bring -gzlady- 给 gzlady 发送悄悄话 gzlady 的博客首页 (336 bytes) () 06/13/2016 postreply 08:23:37

我觉得对人进行本质上尊重生命,平等待人的教育意义更重大。要比抗争性的斗争要来的好。 -禾口- 给 禾口 发送悄悄话 禾口 的博客首页 (86 bytes) () 06/13/2016 postreply 08:56:26

听说gay是hard wired,基因里就决定了。不知道是人类产生之初就有了,还是后来基因突变? -chujian- 给 chujian 发送悄悄话 (65 bytes) () 06/13/2016 postreply 09:06:30

动物里有的。但是这个恋字其实也挺复杂的。 -禾口- 给 禾口 发送悄悄话 禾口 的博客首页 (338 bytes) () 06/13/2016 postreply 09:27:22

完全同意你说的。只是在具体实施的时候,会有很多杂音进来浑水摸鱼 -alazycatinsd- 给 alazycatinsd 发送悄悄话 alazycatinsd 的博客首页 (116 bytes) () 06/13/2016 postreply 11:30:24

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”