[写作改错]More Corrections on "Reading, Writing & Frustration"

来源: jennea 2011-09-06 18:44:45 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (27236 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ jennea ] 在 2011-09-06 21:41:00 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

It was originally titled "Frustration About Writing."

下面是我老师改过后的样子。 虽说色彩依然斑斓,但蓝色的地方是改进,不是必须。

I like reading. I have liked reading Chinese novels since elementary school. When I was a kid, I used to spend all my spare time reading, even at the dinner table despite my parents' scolding. To my credit, I could read really fast, finishing one 500-page book in one day a day,  and moving on to (the) next one in the following day. Sadly, this habit didn’t boost my writing or speaking skills, even in Chinese, my first language.The problem with my reading habit is that I never (seldom) paid (pay) attention to how authors express their ideas and tell their stories how authors tell their stories and how they express their ideas, but only to notice(d) the ideas and stories the stories and ideas themselves. With a “scientific” mind, which I have always been kind of proud of, I was trained to grasp pull the “truth” out of the “details”, keeping only the truth and discarding the details, believing(in the belief) that I could deduce the details later myself. Unfortunately, even though this trick might have work for science, it won’t work for writing and speaking, which require almost the opposite - describing a whole lot of details and sometimes, only the details.

To make matters even worse, I don’t like reading in English. I know I should. I pushed myself very hard several times in the past, but was never successful. I blamed this mainly for on my limited vocabulary (my lack of vocabulary knowledge). Thinking of it (In retrospect) now, I believe the real reason is that I have already passed the golden (best) age for reading novels. I am not (less) into other people’s stories as much as than when I was younger, because I have my own stories to struggle with. I have no patience to read (for reading) other people’s dramas that happened centuries ago because I need to take care of my own first. As a matter of fact, I stopped reading Chinese novels, too. Now, tTo kill time now, I only watch the Chinese dating TV reality shows, which gives me project a false sense of reality by watching showing real people making fun of each other on stage  publicly (on TV).

As a woman, When I write, I have the a tendency of babbling to babble about my own feelings. I read somewhere that this kind of tendency is considered one of the common drawbacks of women writers. We women tend were said to focus on our own emotions and life stories, instead of the big picture about more important aspects of life, such as morals of the human race, and the future of the world, etc and so on. This criticism kind of pushed (ashamed) me further away from writing, since I don’t  didn’t want to embarrass myself and bother others with my own small (tiny little) world.  

After reading “Eat, Pray, Love”, I have regained my confidence in writing. The book doesn't discuss anything serious, it uses short sentences, it talks about a woman’s own emotional journey, and it is "freakishly successful", as the author put it herself. (If this type of writing can be successful for her, then it might be the thing for me, too. So perhaps I can be a writer someday after all.)

所有跟帖: 

谢谢jennea分享!真学东西! -非文学青年- 给 非文学青年 发送悄悄话 非文学青年 的博客首页 (45 bytes) () 09/06/2011 postreply 18:59:00

对。她是很academic的。最后那句我知道肯定通不过她~ -jennea- 给 jennea 发送悄悄话 jennea 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 09/06/2011 postreply 19:12:42

不过给她看了,她的评语是。。。 -jennea- 给 jennea 发送悄悄话 jennea 的博客首页 (415 bytes) () 09/06/2011 postreply 19:13:36

谢谢jennea分享!非常学习!希望看到更多同学分享。 -好学又好问- 给 好学又好问 发送悄悄话 好学又好问 的博客首页 (386 bytes) () 09/06/2011 postreply 19:13:54

这个网站很好,谢谢好学!! -jennea- 给 jennea 发送悄悄话 jennea 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 09/06/2011 postreply 19:18:31

Jennea, 我, 我,想给你的老师两块砖 -非文学青年- 给 非文学青年 发送悄悄话 非文学青年 的博客首页 (4854 bytes) () 09/06/2011 postreply 20:55:06

回复:Jennea, 我, 我,想给你的老师两块砖 -jennea- 给 jennea 发送悄悄话 jennea 的博客首页 (5615 bytes) () 09/06/2011 postreply 21:11:29

哦,那就是了,不然我想着你该让她给你退钱了,哈哈。 -非文学青年- 给 非文学青年 发送悄悄话 非文学青年 的博客首页 (82 bytes) () 09/06/2011 postreply 21:37:36

你语感真好!我标错了,in a day --》 a day -jennea- 给 jennea 发送悄悄话 jennea 的博客首页 (100 bytes) () 09/06/2011 postreply 21:41:55

因为我给了她一个我以前的copy, 这里的这份我自己又改过一些,所以就乱了。 -jennea- 给 jennea 发送悄悄话 jennea 的博客首页 (39 bytes) () 09/06/2011 postreply 21:44:02

大谢jennea分享!!又一个美坛活雷锋!!太有帮助了!! -beautifulwind- 给 beautifulwind 发送悄悄话 beautifulwind 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 09/06/2011 postreply 23:37:17

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”