Men love meetings, they must do

来源: blhw72 2007-09-29 13:47:46 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2134 bytes)
Gentlemen, excuse me, it isn't a flattery. No desire I have. Nor is it an offense. I am just wondering if that makes sense.

My hu*****and has been sitting in a meeting room with other board directors in Washington D.C since yesterday. While I am busy like hell at home, of course, being a wonderful and devoted mother to my child.

Last early evening, hubby and I played phone tags each other. So here came my 'threat" that he must return my call whenever he finished up his "Marathon meeting".

My "threat" worked well on him. He called at 9pm and sounded excited. "Hon, we fired the money manager from UBS."
"What's that about?"
"We were interviewing three money managers. The UBS one is definitely unprofessional."
"You had a productive day today, darling?"
"Yea, I did. That is what our meeting for."
"Great! Tomorrow you guys can take it easy."
"No, no, no, tomorrow's gonna be a full-day meeting, from 8:30am-7pm".
"You guys have more work to do?"
"We need to think more and discuss more."
"About what?"
"How to make more money for our organization."

OK, with my great respect and admiration for all the hard-working board directors, including my hu*****and, I've got a question, "why don't you guys have a phone conference, instead of the in person one? I guess one way to make more money is to cut the cost. Such as, plane ticket (you certainly can drive), fancy hotel (you guys like motels?), car rental (you guys ever tried hotel buses), dinner party (how many of you want just one slice of pizza? $3:-)) ......

I remember that my hu*****and just had a board meeting in LV one month ago. another one four months ago in ATL, besides the ones I even don't remember... Huh, how come it seems to me that men are addicted to meetings like we women are to fashion?!

I am curious, is it fun that you bunch of guys are looking at one another for the entire day? It is to us-women. Because we put eyes on others' fashion, jewelry, make-up .....anything else irrelative to the meeting. Do you guys do that, too?

请阅读更多我的博客文章>>>
•  Men love meetings, they must do
•  Love is bigger than squabbles
•  The chutzpah of the high-caliber American dads'
•  An 'easy-going' slip of the tongue
•  A moment of touch

所有跟帖: 

Interesting observation, I think, now a day, not only -gzlady- 给 gzlady 发送悄悄话 (185 bytes) () 09/29/2007 postreply 14:05:22

gzlady, I'm always glad to see you here. Thanks for your respons -blhw72- 给 blhw72 发送悄悄话 blhw72 的博客首页 (345 bytes) () 09/29/2007 postreply 14:14:02

Helen, good to see you here too. Haven't you for a -gzlady- 给 gzlady 发送悄悄话 (236 bytes) () 09/29/2007 postreply 15:18:48

Sorry, typo again, I meant "I haven't seen you for -gzlady- 给 gzlady 发送悄悄话 (9 bytes) () 09/29/2007 postreply 16:40:50

Never mind. And I'm with you regarding staying healthy. The -blhw72- 给 blhw72 发送悄悄话 blhw72 的博客首页 (186 bytes) () 09/29/2007 postreply 17:27:20

I agree with you, gzlady. Happy weekend! -love9999- 给 love9999 发送悄悄话 love9999 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 09/29/2007 postreply 14:27:41

Thank you, Have a great weekend -gzlady- 给 gzlady 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 09/29/2007 postreply 15:21:16

lol, Helen, that is hillarious. Do you need a hand? :-) Good to -sfla- 给 sfla 发送悄悄话 sfla 的博客首页 (29 bytes) () 09/29/2007 postreply 14:33:57

That would be awesome, Ada, if you could fly over and give me -blhw72- 给 blhw72 发送悄悄话 blhw72 的博客首页 (88 bytes) () 09/29/2007 postreply 14:51:48

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”