Odd? George H.W, Bush cried

来源: blhw72 2006-12-10 12:08:21 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (6254 bytes)

On Wednesday morning, hubby was on the go, go, go!
“Honey, where is the tie you bought for my birthday?” ……
“Baby, should I wear the dark blue suit or the grey one?”……
“Blue shirt or white shirt?”……
“Sweetie, do I look good?”……
……
“My beloved, you are living your life in the fast lane.” My hand gently caressed his cheek, “take it easy”…

I couldn’t blame on him. In an hour, he would be meeting George H.W, Bush, the former U.S president, the father of the current U,S president, and the founder of Bushism.

George H, W, Bush came in town to give a speech for his company. As management, he was honored to present. And he was going, rain or shine.

Frankly, I am not an admirer of Sr. George Bush. Whatever I may think of presidential father George H.W. Bush's politics, I always find the senior Bush's ability and willingness to shed tears in public, rather endearing.

Father Bush cried, mostly while talking about his family, including the tragic loss of a daughter to childhood leukemia. I was just as the majority, soooo touched by his emotion.

What a loving father! Bush also tore up when speaking about the "honor" of his "boys", two of whom are successful politicians. This particular emotional display amazed me.

Perhaps I am too critical, unnecessarily cynical and suspicious. My view towards all the politicians is, all of them are indeed actors and actresses.

I’ve read certain articles about Bush’s tears. I would like to share one with you guys.
"Former President George H.W. Bush broke down in tears as he cited his son, Gov. Jeb Bush, as an example of leadership. He said he was proud of how his son handled losing the 1994 governor's race to popular incumbent Democrat Lawton Chiles, and vaguely referred to dirty tricks in the campaign.

"He didn't whine about it. He didn't complain," the former president said before choking up. As he tried to continue, he let out a sob and put a handkerchief to his face. When he spoke again, his words were broken up by pauses as he tried to regain composure.

"A true measure of a man is how you handle victory and how you handle defeat, so in '94 Floridians chose to rehire the governor. They took note of his worthy opponent, who showed with not only words but with actions what decency he had," Bush said before again sobbing."

“Honey, how did it go?”
“Fabulous!” Hubby’s mind was still with Father Bush. (at least, body with his wife)
“Did Bush cry?”
“No!”
“Oh, I’m glad!”
“He tore a little bit when he mentioned about his family”, “He is such a good man!”

Oh, man! Give me a break!!!

请阅读更多我的博客文章>>>

•  Stop “shoulding” on yourself
•  My God Father's Philosophy -- the source of ethics
•  Soooo cute.
•  Do Americans love debts?
•  Something gets under my skin

所有跟帖: 

哈哈哈,喜欢你写得咚咚 -米沙- 给 米沙 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 12/10/2006 postreply 12:21:52

so funny.Seems that Sr. Bush switches his profession -MaggieMay_Pei- 给 MaggieMay_Pei 发送悄悄话 (93 bytes) () 12/10/2006 postreply 12:41:19

He was just sobbing away -- almost uncontrollable - -riley- 给 riley 发送悄悄话 (378 bytes) () 12/10/2006 postreply 13:00:58

Anyone can get a video of Sr. Bush's performance ? -maggiemay_pei- 给 maggiemay_pei 发送悄悄话 (88 bytes) () 12/10/2006 postreply 13:29:48

我相信﹐他是有演戲的成份。但無可厚非。因為他是政治家和 -sfla- 给 sfla 发送悄悄话 (12 bytes) () 12/10/2006 postreply 14:27:43

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”