looks like Asina American is the only race which has

ethnic stereotype. In the same page of the wikipedia that you referred, I found the following

Italians and Italian Americans
Italian Americans have been stereotyped as being gangsters having large extended families, and mainly limited to lower class professions. Mafia stereotypes are perpetuated by shows such as The Sopranos, even though the vast majority of Italian Americans do not have Mafia ties and are not engaged in organized crime. Italians are usually portrayed as dark-complexioned, black-haired Catholics, young Italian women as seductively voluptuous virgins with overprotective older male relatives, and Italian matrons as rotund, overly loving and critical mothers with excellent cooking. Another stereotype is that Italians are very hot-blooded and passionately over-emotional

WASPs
White Anglo-Saxon Protestant (WASPs) are the most commonly portrayed white group in American Media. These people are often represented as white-collar suburbanites, usually of middle class or richer. While they are overwhelmingly depicted as "good", certain negative stereotypes have also been associated with them, including the Jock" and the "Valley girl". These characters are attractive, rich and popular, but also emotionally and physically abusive to those they consider inferior, as well as vapid, sexually promiscuous, manipulative, and dishonest. Teen shows like The O.C. and Beverly Hills 90210 often contain many such WASP stereotypes.

Adult WASPs possess similar negative traits. WASP men are often ally high-powered professionals who use manipulation and lies to close shady business deals without regard to how it will affect others. They are usually neglectful to their wives and children and often have secrets like mistresses or drug addictions. The Desperate Housewives stereotype is common to WASP women. They are portrayed as greedy, materialistic, sex-craved homebodies who often have illicit affairs with lower class minorities in their employ, such as a pool boy or gardener.

Just like you, I don't like the Stereotypes of Asians in the U.S. media. My hu*****and and I love to watch Desperate Housewives. When I saw they described the Chinese girl "A Mei" as poor, uneducated, submissive, and sexually available to her employer. I was very upset. I know in D.C. area, there were some Chinese Americans boycotted that show. I think that is overly sensitive.
How to build to positive image for Asians, I think that is a big issue. As an Asian American, we all have the responsibility. I think being confident , proud of out identity is one the key. And personal achievement, being a role model for our children are important too. My daughter is an ABC, she is very proud of her Chinese heritage. She belongs to a group named "Asian Pride"

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!