*=*=*《每日一译》*=*=* 一周汇总

来源: DailyTranslation 2012-07-06 16:55:27 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (12725 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ DailyTranslation ] 在 2012-07-07 08:45:41 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

'The owner of the company was a master at intimidation and would scream at everybody. An hour later, he would be a great guy. It made everybody unhappy to be there.”

那家公司的老板极其擅长威逼他人,会向每个人大声咆哮,但在一小时之后,他又会变成一个很和气的人,这让在那儿工作的每个人都觉得不愉快。

'You can't really change people's nature, so I changed how I responded to him. I learned to align with his demands, instead of questioning them, and that made my 8½ years at the company so much easier.'

别人的天性确实改变不了,那我就改变自己应对他的方式。我学会配合他的需求,而不是质疑它们,这让我在那家公司长达八年半的工作轻松了许多。

Career experts say many workplace problems that employees may think are irreconcilable can be improved or even resolved with some action and a change of attitude.

职场专家指出,通过采取一些行动或者态度上的改变,你原本认为无法调解的许多职场问题都能得到改进甚至是解决。

If you're unhappy about falling short of your own personal career goals, try breaking your big goals into smaller, more realistically achievable ones. This can improve your morale by reinforcing small successes.

如果你对自己没有实现个人职业目标感到失落,那就尝试将你的那些宏大目标分解为一个个在现实中更易于实现的小目标。这样可以通过每一次微小的成就来提高你的斗志。

Pitch your boss on a less formal and more goal-oriented workplace. And offer improved results in exchange for more autonomy. 'Most people are generally happier at work when given more creative freedom to do their jobs,' says Mr. McCarthy.

在没那么正式、更为注重目标的工作场合向老板表现自己,交出更优异的业绩来换得更多自主权。麦卡锡(Mr. McCarthy)说,一般而言,大多数人在获得更多工作上的自由时都会工作得更开心。

所有跟帖: 

辛苦了,谢谢!周末愉快! -EnLearner- 给 EnLearner 发送悄悄话 EnLearner 的博客首页 (131 bytes) () 07/06/2012 postreply 19:57:54

谢谢愚公提醒, 我会调整一下! -tingfeng- 给 tingfeng 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 07/07/2012 postreply 12:42:30

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”