Lesson 8 -- Ted Forms a Rock Band

来源: 天泽园 2009-08-12 09:39:34 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3634 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 天泽园 ] 在 2009-08-12 22:11:53 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

Speak English Like an American -- Lesson 8

Ted plans to become a successful musician. First, he needs Susan to loan him money for a new guitar. Susan suggests that Ted bake cookies to earn the money.

Susan:  You're in good spirits today, Ted.
Ted:     I've got great news, mom.
Susan:  What is it?
Ted:     Amber and I are going to start a rock band.
Susan:  Good for you!
Ted:     Mom, I'm not going to beat around the bush. I need to borrow $1000 for a new guitar.
Susan:  Ted, your father and I can't shell out that much. We aren't made of money.
Ted:     You're not? I thought you were millionaires, like Donald and Ivana Trump.
Susan:  Ha ha, this is no time to be a wise guy!
Ted:     I promise I'll pay you back.
Susan:  How?
Ted:     We are going to take the music world by storm and make lots of money.
Susan:  That sounds like a pipe dream. Aren't high school rock bands a dime a dozen?
Ted:     Yeah, but we are different. With my guitar playing and Amber's beautiful voice, we are sure to make a splash.
Susan:  Well, we are going through hard times. You are going to have to work for that $1000.
Ted:     How?
Susan:  You can bake cookies.
Ted:     I bet Mrs. Clapton never made Eric bake cookies. But I guess those are the breaks.

==================================

Mastering a language is a lifelong effort that requires breaking bad habit and holding on to persistance.
I have spent one hour to practice this short article in the morning. Here is my recording.
I have paid special attention to the words -"promise" and "world" , Hope I have corrected it.

请阅读更多我的博客文章>>>
  • Lesson 8 -- Ted Forms a Rock Band
  • Lesson 7 -- Susan Hires Bob to Run Her Business
  • Lesson 6 -- Susan Stays Home and Bakes Cookies
  • Lesson 5 -- Ted Goes Out For the Evening
  • 英文歌曲: Imagine
  • 所有跟帖: 

回复:Lesson 8 -- Ted Forms a Rock Band -YuGong- 给 YuGong 发送悄悄话 YuGong 的博客首页 (290 bytes) () 08/12/2009 postreply 21:06:13

回复:回复:Lesson 8 -- Ted Forms a Rock Band -天泽园- 给 天泽园 发送悄悄话 天泽园 的博客首页 (153 bytes) () 08/12/2009 postreply 21:30:30

"Mastering a language is a lifelong effort." -紫君- 给 紫君 发送悄悄话 紫君 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 08/13/2009 postreply 05:54:51

Thank You , 紫君! -天泽园- 给 天泽园 发送悄悄话 天泽园 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 08/13/2009 postreply 22:03:56

You need a break. -kaibauds- 给 kaibauds 发送悄悄话 (296 bytes) () 08/13/2009 postreply 12:32:37

回复:You need a break. -天泽园- 给 天泽园 发送悄悄话 天泽园 的博客首页 (282 bytes) () 08/13/2009 postreply 22:18:32

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
    请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
    选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
    选择“don't run on pages on this domain”