不是吹牛--关于语调

本文内容已被 [ sportwoman ] 在 2012-05-06 21:37:10 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

我去参加烤面包(国际英语演说训练),讲故事部分的功课我超一半都获“The best speaker" 但之前我对语调一点木有研究,就是凭感觉去吸引我的听众来认真听我讲故事,让他们感觉深刻(当然我单词发音都不理想,现在不是在努力嘛。。。)。我的同学都是加拿大洋人,母语是英语。 我自己也说不出来哪里讲得好,也许是我夸张的语调,表情和动作。我收到的评论多数是:故事有趣,符合作业要求,都听明白了,木有问题。(先小小地得瑟一下--自己赞美自己也能得瑟)哈哈哈(恐怖的落雁笑声)。 好开心!!! 周末鱼块! :)))

来烤面包作业要求大家可以参考:

Toastmasters Speech 6:
Vocal Variety

Does your voice put your audience to sleep? Does it put you to sleep?

Do you find it hard to convey emotions with your voice?

Are you easy to listen to, or does your voice let you down?

The sixth Toastmasters speech project guides you to harness the power of your own voice. This article of the Toastmasters Speech Series examines the primary goals of this project, provides tips and techniques, and links to numerous sample speeches.

1. The Ice Breaker
  2. Organize Your Speech
  3. Get to the Point
  4. How To Say It
  5. Your Body Speaks
  6. Vocal Variety
  7. Research Your Topic
  8. Get Comfortable with Visual Aids (coming next)
  9. Persuade With Power
  10. Inspire Your Audience

Why is This Speech Important?

The aims for this speech project are to use your voice to complement your message by enhancing your:

• pace,
  • pitch,
  • power, and
  • pauses.

Your voice is the best tool in your delivery toolbox. You must learn to use it effectively to enhance your presentation.

Tips and Techniques

1. Plan Around the 4 P’s: Pace, Pitch, Power, and Pauses

Be conscious of all four major vocal variables, and work all of them into your speech.

1. Pace — One of the easiest ways to incorporate variable pace is to slow down through key statements.
  2. Pitch — A convenient way to hit different pitch points is to play with different emotional content. A sad voice takes on a different pitch than a content voice, which is distinct from an excited voice, and so on. Stories are good speech building blocks for many reasons, including how they bring a speaker’s voice alive through different emotions.
  3. Power (Volume) — Don’t overdo it with changes in volume. Again, align your variations in volume with emotional content. Anger or joy tends to bring out a loud voice. Fear or sadness calls for a quiet voice.
  4. Pauses — There are a multitude of ways to incorporate pauses in a meaningful way (watch for a future Six Minutes article dedicated to pauses). For this speech, keep it straightforward. Make sure you’ve got short pauses following every sentence, and longer pauses at the ends of paragraphs or transitions within your speech.

2. Be Deliberate (Keep Score if You Have To)

Your voice is the best tool in your delivery toolbox. You must learn to use it effectively to enhance your presentation.

Don’t just write a speech and try to incorporate vocal variety on the fly as you deliver it. You won’t get any value from this speech project if you take that approach.

As you write, edit, and rehearse your speech, select words or phrases where you will consciously vary your voice in each of the four P ways. As you grow as a speaker, you’ll hit all four of these unconsciously, but when you are learning, it’s okay to be a little more deliberate.

Consider annotating your speech with colored pen to highlight vocal variation opportunities.

You might even consider making a “scorecard” in the margin of your page, and giving yourself one point for each vocal manoeuver. Shoot for a score of at least 3 for each P.

3. Align Your Voice with Expressive Gestures

One of the best ways to bring out your most expressive voice is to use expressive gestures, particularly facial gestures!

If participate in teleconference calls or webinars, you may have learned this trick. Even though nobody can see you, it really helps to stand up in your office and give body, hand, and facial gestures as you talk on the phone. Your voice will naturally come alive, as if synchronized with your gestures.

The same trick applies to face-to-face presentations as well. If you are expressive with your face and other gestures, your voice tends to naturally align.

4. Ditch the Notes, Keep Your Head Up, and Project Your Voice

Maybe you have used notes for the five previous Competent Communicator projects, but now is a great time to break free of your notes.

• When you glance down to read notes, your neck and throat bend and can get contorted. Your voice tends to be low, or poor quality, and low volume.
  • Without notes, you’ll be able to keep your head up high and your eyes on your audience. With your head high, your neck and throat will be stretched out, and the quality of your voice will be much more resonant.

5. Exaggerate Words

If you are expressive with your face and other gestures, your voice tends to naturally align.

If your speech allows, find some words where you can play with the pronunciation to add some vocal spice to your delivery. For example:

• Instead of saying “The car was a long way from the beach,” you could say “The car was a looooooong way from the beach”.
  • Instead of saying “The hamburger was delicious,” try “The hamburger was deeee-licious.”

6. Don’t Speak About Vocal Variety

When choosing your topic for this speech, avoid the temptation to speak about vocal variety, like this guy (who admits he “cheated”). If you do, you are missing the point of this speech project.

Your objective for this speech project is not to educate your audience about vocal variety. Your objective is to incorporate vocal variety to enhance your delivery.

You have infinite speech topics at your disposal… explore!

What I Did for Speech 6

I chose to deliver a biographical speech about Theodor Seuss Geisel, the children’s book author better known as Dr. Seuss.

This topic was fantastic as it begged for me to use my voice in a wonderful variety of ways:

• My “normal” speaking voice was used for “bones” of the speech — the biographical details which formed the framework. Even in this section of the speech, I used vocal variety to emphasize key words, phrases, and points.
  • I included numerous quotations from his stories, each carefully selected to both (a) illustrate the biographical details and (b) allow me to convey a different emotion or mood. Each of these required varying the pitch, pace, and volume. For example, I included:
    • Happy, sing-songy passages from Fox in Sox and The Cat in the Hat
    • A stalwart, committed passage from Horton Hatches the Egg
    • An angry passage from The Lorax (this was one of my all-time favorite moments in Toastmasters as I used one of the audience members as a “prop” to be the source of my anger)
    • An optimistic passage from Oh, the Places You’ll Go

Reading Dr. Seuss books and other stories with my daughter is one of my favorite activities. Therefore, this topic revealed an inherent passion, and I knew this would come through in the quality of my voice.

Toastmasters Speech 6 Examples

1. The Ice Breaker
  2. Organize Your Speech
  3. Get to the Point
  4. How To Say It
  5. Your Body Speaks
  6. Vocal Variety
  7. Research Your Topic
  8. Get Comfortable with Visual Aids (coming next)
  9. Persuade With Power
  10. Inspire Your Audience

Here are a few sample video speeches which may provide inspiration for you. As you watch some of these videos, ask yourself which speakers are using vocal variety to enhance their speeches, and which are missing opportunities. Then, try to emulate the best behaviors in your own speech.

所有跟帖: 

最重要一点 -sportwoman- 给 sportwoman 发送悄悄话 sportwoman 的博客首页 (152 bytes) () 05/05/2012 postreply 04:27:48

confidence很重用! -tingfeng- 给 tingfeng 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 05/05/2012 postreply 05:38:02

要有君临城下的气势,和横扫千军的眼神 -sportwoman- 给 sportwoman 发送悄悄话 sportwoman 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 05/05/2012 postreply 04:31:37

哈哈,今天早上一看到有赞美语我就开始得瑟。不好意思哈,得意忘形鸟。 -sportwoman- 给 sportwoman 发送悄悄话 sportwoman 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 05/05/2012 postreply 04:37:17

great demonstration! -tingfeng- 给 tingfeng 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 05/05/2012 postreply 05:39:44

这不小菜吗?不过这个six minute speech网页我是很常用到,很好。 -非文学青年- 给 非文学青年 发送悄悄话 非文学青年 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 05/05/2012 postreply 05:41:11

校长您起点高啊。我爬得慢还害怕掉下来。 -sportwoman- 给 sportwoman 发送悄悄话 sportwoman 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 05/05/2012 postreply 05:48:41

没有dis你的意思,是你的录音太短了,所以说小菜。你起点蛮高的! -非文学青年- 给 非文学青年 发送悄悄话 非文学青年 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 05/05/2012 postreply 05:54:37

多谢你鼓励,就这段时间跟你们学习了才有进步,以前上课也是听不懂。 -sportwoman- 给 sportwoman 发送悄悄话 sportwoman 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 05/05/2012 postreply 05:56:51

哈哈!校长您不要介意哈,有时候我对中文的理解也有问题。我有时候挺自卑也敏感因为我基础不好。 -sportwoman- 给 sportwoman 发送悄悄话 sportwoman 的博客首页 (71 bytes) () 05/05/2012 postreply 06:13:44

我平时吧,和我BF和一些貌似挺NB的人一起混,譬如被“诗人们”抓去当听众兼职端茶倒水,被他们欺负惯了。 -sportwoman- 给 sportwoman 发送悄悄话 sportwoman 的博客首页 (151 bytes) () 05/05/2012 postreply 06:41:15

小子太能灌了,你可以写个三毛流浪记了,哈哈。我不能陪你了,娃就快醒了。 -非文学青年- 给 非文学青年 发送悄悄话 非文学青年 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 05/05/2012 postreply 07:02:28

放心扔吧,海水我们可以净化,臭鸡蛋也可以净化。 -bingli- 给 bingli 发送悄悄话 bingli 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 05/05/2012 postreply 07:08:44

校长,二师兄我要去跑步了.回头再贴录音来E Xin你们 :) 用我让人毛骨悚然的国语和Chinglish. -sportwoman- 给 sportwoman 发送悄悄话 sportwoman 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 05/05/2012 postreply 07:28:41

在餐馆端盘子没啥语调可言。这个世界有mulla就有语调 -sportwoman- 给 sportwoman 发送悄悄话 sportwoman 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 05/05/2012 postreply 05:54:30

mulla,按加拿大人,即是钱钱钱。有钱就有语调,有底气,就可以一砸千金。 -sportwoman- 给 sportwoman 发送悄悄话 sportwoman 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 05/05/2012 postreply 06:01:47

有钱就有砸的语调,木有钱就有求砸的语调,都要学,不然你以砸的语调来求砸,得到的只有臭鸡蛋。 -bingli- 给 bingli 发送悄悄话 bingli 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 05/05/2012 postreply 06:07:07

本大爷/本大姐有地是钱,砸的就是你!:) -sportwoman- 给 sportwoman 发送悄悄话 sportwoman 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 05/05/2012 postreply 06:32:15

砸完左边面我还有右边面,砸完top我还有bottom,要是木有零钱,我还可以找零。 -bingli- 给 bingli 发送悄悄话 bingli 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 05/05/2012 postreply 06:54:44

你真能整啊活宝二师兄:) -sportwoman- 给 sportwoman 发送悄悄话 sportwoman 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 05/05/2012 postreply 10:48:16

你沉鱼的样貌和落雁的声音已经可以基本达到全场掌声的效果了,换了我。早一面臭鸡蛋。 -bingli- 给 bingli 发送悄悄话 bingli 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 05/05/2012 postreply 05:50:15

不管是掌声抑或是臭鸡蛋,都是浮云,神马都是浮云。我的早餐还没着落,这才是个问题。 -sportwoman- 给 sportwoman 发送悄悄话 sportwoman 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 05/05/2012 postreply 06:05:31

anyway,番茄 very much,我要找时间仔细看一下。争取远离臭鸡蛋。 -bingli- 给 bingli 发送悄悄话 bingli 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 05/05/2012 postreply 05:52:29

例句的第二部分示范句感染力强,加重了语气进行了强调。印象深刻! -yingyudidida- 给 yingyudidida 发送悄悄话 yingyudidida 的博客首页 (137 bytes) () 05/05/2012 postreply 06:02:01

所言极是! -tingfeng- 给 tingfeng 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 05/05/2012 postreply 06:12:43

yep, like 小曼's confidence -同学小薇- 给 同学小薇 发送悄悄话 同学小薇 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 05/05/2012 postreply 06:46:49

谢谢小薇!其实我在装腔作势。哈哈。 -sportwoman- 给 sportwoman 发送悄悄话 sportwoman 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 05/05/2012 postreply 07:24:31

谢谢大师。这是很好的学习教材。 -路过这儿- 给 路过这儿 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 05/05/2012 postreply 08:57:51

what should i say? 南无哦你头发? -sportwoman- 给 sportwoman 发送悄悄话 sportwoman 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 05/05/2012 postreply 10:04:42

能否摸你头发? -bingli- 给 bingli 发送悄悄话 bingli 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 05/05/2012 postreply 14:28:51

oh honey u know what i mean 那个什么南无。。托佛? -sportwoman- 给 sportwoman 发送悄悄话 sportwoman 的博客首页 (100 bytes) () 05/05/2012 postreply 15:24:50

I know what you mean,u r a master. -bingli- 给 bingli 发送悄悄话 bingli 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 05/05/2012 postreply 15:43:12

no wonder i was called 大师--干驱魔抓鬼赶僵尸的活儿 -sportwoman- 给 sportwoman 发送悄悄话 sportwoman 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 05/05/2012 postreply 16:44:42

当年西经路上这活干得不少。 -bingli- 给 bingli 发送悄悄话 bingli 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 05/05/2012 postreply 17:15:29

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!