翻译听写 作业

来源: jennea 2011-08-08 21:23:16 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (4558 bytes)

翻译

Animals and Machinery

The bodies of animals are very much comparable with some machines such as locomotive. As a matter of fact, the body of an animal is a piece of machinery composed of many different parts. Every part is used for certain function and is specially designed for that function.  All parts depend on  and work with each other in order to finish the whole task. For example, the locomotive must be filled with fuel, such as coal, wood or other combustible materials, and the consumption of the fuel provides power and energy. Likewise, the body of animal needs fuel, which is called food, to supply energy as well, Oxygen is required in both cases in order to burn  fuel or oxidize food. Moreover, the locomotive consists of special parts: the chamber in which the fuel resides and burns, the pipes along which the stream is transferred, the wheels upon which the train moves and the chimneys through which the waste gas emits. Similarly, the body of an animal is made of various parts as well: the digestive tract that takes in and absorbs  food, the arteries and veins that transfer blood that carries oxygen and nutrition, the legs or wings that allow animals to move and the excretory organs through which waste matter is discarded.

听写

Animal and Machine

The body of an animal may well be compared with some machine like locomotive engine. Indeed, the animal body is a machine. It is a machine composed of many parts, each part doing some particular kind of work for which particular kind of structure fits it. And all the parts dependent on each other and work together for the accomplishment of the total business of the machine. The locomotive must be provided with fuel, such as coal, or wood, or other combustible substance, the consumptions of which furnishes the force or energy of the machine. The animal body must be provided with fuel, which is called food, which furnishes similarly the energy of the animal. Oxygen must be provided for the combustion of the fuel in the locomotive and the food in the body. The locomotive is composed of special parts, the fire box for the reception and combustion of the fuel, the steam pipes for the carriage of steam, the wheels for local motion, the smoke stack for throwing off waste. The animal body is similarly composed of parts: the elementary canal for the reception and simulation of the food, the excretory organs for the throwing off waste matter, the arteries and veins for the carriage of oxygen and food-holding blood, the legs or wings for local motion.

所有跟帖: 

A very nice translation! -NewVoice- 给 NewVoice 发送悄悄话 (516 bytes) () 08/09/2011 postreply 05:15:19

Thanks! -jennea- 给 jennea 发送悄悄话 jennea 的博客首页 (664 bytes) () 08/09/2011 postreply 20:52:22

To my undersanding -EnLearner- 给 EnLearner 发送悄悄话 EnLearner 的博客首页 (394 bytes) () 08/09/2011 postreply 21:10:31

In my piece above, i used comparable. Which one should i use? -Jennea- 给 Jennea 发送悄悄话 Jennea 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 08/09/2011 postreply 21:14:40

In that case, I think "comparable with" should be used. -EnLearner- 给 EnLearner 发送悄悄话 EnLearner 的博客首页 (114 bytes) () 08/09/2011 postreply 21:21:47

You are right! Both are grammatically correct. -NewVoice- 给 NewVoice 发送悄悄话 (45 bytes) () 08/10/2011 postreply 01:41:46

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”