翻译《月亮代表我的心》歌词

来源: 马下人 2014-03-24 20:03:41 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (0 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 马下人 ] 在 2014-04-01 11:55:49 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

月亮代表我的心》 is a very lovely song.  People have translated the lyrics of it into English to a poem or poem like structure.  What I did here is to translate Chinese lyrics to English lyrics, which means that the words in English is signable to the original music.

I am able to do this partially because that the Chinese lyrics of this song are relatively simple.  For many songs it is very difficult to do this type of translation.  An example is the lyrics from 李叔同的《送别》。  To make the translation of “天之涯,地之角, 知交半零落,一觚浊酒尽余欢, 今宵别梦寒“ singable to the original music without loosing significant amount of information is almost imposible.  Even for 月亮代表我的心》 the difficulty is still there.  The major one is to properly translate the song title ‘月亮代表我的心’.

People translate this to “The moon represents my heart”.   English speaking people do not understand the translation.  The word ‘represent’ has very narrow meaning in English.  It is often used in connection with the legal process.  You can say “My lawyer will represent me in this case.”  Another situation can be seen in “This represents the topline products from this company.”   We Chinese attach a lot of meanings to word “代表” in this particular context, which are not in the meaning of English word “represent”.   

For this reason I translate the song title to “The moon shines on my heart”.  What does this mean?  It’s hard to explain.   But I can also ask what does “月亮代表我的心” mean?  It is not easy to answer either even using our mother tongue!   So basically I translated something blur to something that is also blur or fussy, which gives readers rooms for imagination.  I think this should be allowed and it may be a technique that we should use in some translations.

Below is my translation.

月亮代表我的心

你问我爱你有多深,
我爱你有几分?
我的情也真,我的爱也真,
月亮代表我的心。  

你问我爱你有多深,
我爱你有几分?
我的情不移,我的爱不变,
月亮代表我的心。

轻轻的一个吻,
已经打动我的心,
深深的一段情,
教我思念到如今。

你问我爱你有多深,
我爱你有几分?
你去想一想,你去看一看,
月亮代表我的心。
The Moon Shines on My Heart

You've asked how deep I loved you,
How much I missed you?
My love is dear, My love is clear,
The moon shines on my heart.

How much I missed you?
My heart is true, My heart is loyal,

So gentle a kiss it was,
Already touched my soul,
So briefly we were together,
The sweetness lingering forever.

How much I missed you?
You'll know when you think, you'll know when you look,

Here is a MP3 record of my singing to simply demonstrate that people can sing this song using the English lyrics that I put forth.  

As many translations the original meaning may become weakened in my translation and so may the richness of the love feeling do.  Translation is to help information flow between languages but with the existence of the language and cultural barriers we oftentimes fit a small caliber tube to a big caliber tube, which causes the information flows out significantly less in volume.

I wish people make suggestions so I can improve this translations. 

If you have read through this article up to this point you really deserve to enjoy the song sang by 邓丽君。  So click to star

更多我的博客文章>>>

所有跟帖: 

Nice work! Here are a few suggestions: -冲浪潜水员- 给 冲浪潜水员 发送悄悄话 冲浪潜水员 的博客首页 (446 bytes) () 03/24/2014 postreply 23:23:06

回复:Nice work! Here are a few suggestions: -马下人- 给 马下人 发送悄悄话 马下人 的博客首页 (53 bytes) () 03/26/2014 postreply 06:29:07

Thank for the comments -马下人- 给 马下人 发送悄悄话 马下人 的博客首页 (19 bytes) () 03/25/2014 postreply 19:25:40

Thank for the comments and thank for the link. -马下人- 给 马下人 发送悄悄话 马下人 的博客首页 (53 bytes) () 03/25/2014 postreply 19:24:30

There are 3 '月亮代表我的心' in the song -whatha1- 给 whatha1 发送悄悄话 (183 bytes) () 03/25/2014 postreply 10:18:34

The same goes for other repetitions -whatha1- 给 whatha1 发送悄悄话 (27 bytes) () 03/25/2014 postreply 10:24:55

Thank for suggestions -马下人- 给 马下人 发送悄悄话 马下人 的博客首页 (629 bytes) () 03/25/2014 postreply 19:21:46

回复:翻译《月亮代表我的心》歌词 -环绕自然- 给 环绕自然 发送悄悄话 环绕自然 的博客首页 (1497 bytes) () 03/25/2014 postreply 13:55:39

问好小曼,我跟着你和大家一起学习,开开心心:)) -环绕自然- 给 环绕自然 发送悄悄话 环绕自然 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 03/25/2014 postreply 15:08:58

"deep cultural divide" as I stand corrected for the previous typ -环绕自然- 给 环绕自然 发送悄悄话 环绕自然 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 03/25/2014 postreply 15:25:51

小曼,You're pulling my leg! 你没看懂什么东东? -环绕自然- 给 环绕自然 发送悄悄话 环绕自然 的博客首页 (170 bytes) () 03/25/2014 postreply 16:13:21

小曼是高超阿!翻译的一级棒,我要拜你为师了:)) -环绕自然- 给 环绕自然 发送悄悄话 环绕自然 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 03/25/2014 postreply 16:17:04

Thank for the comments and the suggestions -马下人- 给 马下人 发送悄悄话 马下人 的博客首页 (2077 bytes) () 03/25/2014 postreply 20:11:49

You did a wonderful job! Kudos to you for your efforts. -环绕自然- 给 环绕自然 发送悄悄话 环绕自然 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 03/25/2014 postreply 22:53:55

问好马下人!你的翻译很棒,琅琅上口,我把它唱了出来,请笑纳。 -~叶子~- 给 ~叶子~ 发送悄悄话 ~叶子~ 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 03/26/2014 postreply 10:41:57

Thank you for the singing -马下人- 给 马下人 发送悄悄话 马下人 的博客首页 (48 bytes) () 03/26/2014 postreply 14:04:42

回复:翻译《月亮代表我的心》歌词 -水2- 给 水2 发送悄悄话 (522 bytes) () 04/05/2014 postreply 22:15:05

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”