回复:翻译《月亮代表我的心》歌词

来源: 环绕自然 2014-03-25 13:55:39 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1497 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 环绕自然 ] 在 2014-04-01 11:55:49 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
回答: 翻译《月亮代表我的心》歌词马下人2014-03-24 20:03:41
Good job! This romantic song is so deeply rooted in the Chinese culture; it is very far removed from the American way of love song expression. This song epitomizes the deep culture divide between the traditional Chinese and American expression of  amorous peotry. Thus, any attempt to translate this song into English is a tremendous challenge by itself.

Now, let us look at some examples with options as follows:

"你问我爱你有多深", and the translation in this post: "You've asked how deep I loved you". Here are some options to ponder:

In America, when I want to say 我爱你有多深?, I would say: "How much do I love you?". The key difference is "how much" vs. "how deep" when it comes to expressing love in English.

Another gentle comment is about the use of "moon shines". In American culture, moonshine is often connected to something wimpy; it is not very romantic at all. While traditional Chinese culture considers the moon as a symbol of romance and love, we must be careful when it comes to using "moon shines on something" to express love. Because for American ladies, it is wimpy, rather than romantic.

I shall go no further and stop right here, before I get into deep trouble. For those who disagree with me, please just ignore my comment.

所有跟帖: 

问好小曼,我跟着你和大家一起学习,开开心心:)) -环绕自然- 给 环绕自然 发送悄悄话 环绕自然 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 03/25/2014 postreply 15:08:58

"deep cultural divide" as I stand corrected for the previous typ -环绕自然- 给 环绕自然 发送悄悄话 环绕自然 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 03/25/2014 postreply 15:25:51

小曼,You're pulling my leg! 你没看懂什么东东? -环绕自然- 给 环绕自然 发送悄悄话 环绕自然 的博客首页 (170 bytes) () 03/25/2014 postreply 16:13:21

小曼是高超阿!翻译的一级棒,我要拜你为师了:)) -环绕自然- 给 环绕自然 发送悄悄话 环绕自然 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 03/25/2014 postreply 16:17:04

Thank for the comments and the suggestions -马下人- 给 马下人 发送悄悄话 马下人 的博客首页 (2077 bytes) () 03/25/2014 postreply 20:11:49

You did a wonderful job! Kudos to you for your efforts. -环绕自然- 给 环绕自然 发送悄悄话 环绕自然 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 03/25/2014 postreply 22:53:55

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”