我的翻译听写练习之十四作业 -- 受命统率全军

来源: beautifulwind 2011-08-25 21:07:40 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3166 bytes)

受命统率全军
            乔治·华盛顿

你可以相信我,我极其庄严地向你保证我根本没有追求过这项任命,而是竭尽全力,千方百计地回避它。这不仅是因为我不愿意同你以及全家人分别,而且因为我深知责任重大,非我力所能及。另外,倘若我出门数十载寻求前景非常遥远的幸福,那还比不上在家中与你相聚一个月那样真正幸福。但是,既然命运已赋予我这个使命,我希望,安排我来承担这个任务是为了使我有所建树。……

我将信赖一直保佑我和降福于我的上帝,深信到秋天我将平安地回到你的身边。对出征所带来的艰辛和危险,我不会感到痛苦,使我难过的是我知道你独自一人留在家中必然感到焦虑不安。因此,我恳求你鼓起全部勇气,尽量愉快地过日子.没有什么比听到你过得愉快的消息--并且是从你的笔下听到这消息,能使我感到更大的欣慰了.

翻译作业

You may trust me, I assure you quite solemnly that I have never persued this nomination, but try my best and do everything to dodge it. This is not only because I hate to be seperated with you and family, but also I deeply know that the responsibility is huge and beyond my might. In addition, to be away from home for decades to seek faraway happiness is less than that of staying with you at home for one month. However, since I am bestowed this mission by destiny, I hope, to take up this assignment is to make me succeed.

I would trust God who has always been blessing me, I believe that I am going to come back in fall. The hardship and perils that proceed by the expedition would not hurt me, but you staying at home alone would. Therefore, I beg that you must summon up all of your encourage to spend your time happily. Nothing could make me happier than knowing that you lead a happy life--especially when I hear from you.

听写作业

Accepting the command of the army

You may believe me when I assure you in the most solemn manner that so far from seeking this employment I have used every effort and my power to avoid it, not only from my unwillingness to part with you and family, but from consciousness of its being a trust too great for my capacity. And I should enjoy more real happiness in one month with you at home than I have the most distant prospect of finding abroad if my stay would be seven times seven years. But as it has been a kind of destiny that has thrown me opon the service, I shall hope that my undertaking it is design to answer some good purpose.

I shall rely confidently on that providence which has here to for preserved and been down to me, not doubting, but I shall return safety you in fall. I shall feel no pain from the toil or danger of the campain. My unhappiness would flow from uneasiness I know you will feel from being left alone. I therefore beg you will summon your full fortitude and past your time as agreeibly as possible. Nothing will give me so much sincere satisfaction as to hear this and to hear it from your own pen.

所有跟帖: 

回复:我的翻译听写练习之十四作业 -- 受命统率全军 -EnLearner- 给 EnLearner 发送悄悄话 EnLearner 的博客首页 (2810 bytes) () 08/25/2011 postreply 21:24:15

谢谢愚教授的批改!学的东西真多!大谢愚教授! -beautifulwind- 给 beautifulwind 发送悄悄话 beautifulwind 的博客首页 (2277 bytes) () 08/25/2011 postreply 21:56:02

回复:谢谢愚教授的批改!学的东西真多!大谢愚教授! -EnLearner- 给 EnLearner 发送悄悄话 EnLearner 的博客首页 (2194 bytes) () 08/25/2011 postreply 22:26:15

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”