Sorry, i didn't made it clear in my reply above.

来源: -worldance- 2019-04-22 19:51:31 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1535 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ -worldance- ] 在 2019-04-22 20:03:54 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
回答: hehe, you don't know much about-worldance-2019-04-22 13:48:09

What you said is true for health care, but the systems and the people who are running univ. are quite different.  In US, it's the univ. administrations/ and it's board of trustees run the schools. Across America, univ. /colleges run the education like business and raise tuitions every yr for ave. 10-15%( that's a lot for middle class families). The inflation in US isn't that high, where the money goes? They cooperated with chinese gov. in order to get more founding regardless it's record of violation of human rights, freedom of speech( where are the liberal ideology and principles?).  Yet, across America, univ. administrations also censored students' social media for things like a punchio halloween costume for streotype mexicans( give me a break!),  ordered to cover up Christopher Columbus statue ( Univ. Nortre Dame),  took down William Shakespeare's portrait  in English dept. (Univ. Penn), fired profs who refused to change history to meet PC standard, etc. etc. 

In my son's college,  the students who took campus jobs( cafe, library, etc) made a request to rise their payment which is way below minimum wage, the school admin. refused, and escalated to a law suite to against the students ( who are also their customers by business definition). For many liberal students and their families, it's a wake up call.

所有跟帖: 

In the end , the students dropped the case for fear --worldance-- 给 -worldance- 发送悄悄话 (36 bytes) () 04/22/2019 postreply 20:02:53

谢谢分享 -pureleaf- 给 pureleaf 发送悄悄话 pureleaf 的博客首页 (833 bytes) () 04/22/2019 postreply 21:28:11

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!