Just got home for a splendid festive party~~someone's called me

来源: 千与.千寻 2011-02-05 20:17:34 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2952 bytes)
回答: 二姐说的是,俺现在是又懒又自私~~lilac092011-02-05 17:02:10

Lilac, I know you really delight in debating~ however, I don't have the quality~ :( (I don't have the quality, 熟悉不?也是Friends里的,呵呵~)

Diametrically speaking, when I feel cornered ppl'll see certain part of my personality shadowing like this, I don't like Friends. I used to, but not any more.

Does the show Friends help us on English learning?

Yes. Absolutely yes. I used to stick on Friends for about 1 year or 2. 刚出国的头一两年,天天学!crush, drift apart.........都是那时候学的。你的学习笔记我看着好亲切,和我那时的笔记一样一样的~

Can the show, or some show like this, play a key role in English learning?

eh......it's hard to say. I don't believe so. 

See, I haven't studied these sitcoms for years, however, I'm always a social butter fly wherever I go. And my job, being an acute health care provider, requires solid language skill, and so far I've handled it very well! 病人出现肺血栓,主治医师在手术室,麻醉师在手术室,PA在急诊,Radiologist 在 X-ray,药剂师也不在科里,在10分钟打几十个电话,向个个professionals 汇报情况、传递他们的意见......最后汇总医嘱,精确写在病例上并立即执行......this is just a small piece of my daily work. Do you think Friends helped me to achieve this?

NO~ :)

A lot of people think I was born in North America, or at least grew up here. Have the sitcoms made this? 

NO~ :)

We're living in North America where awash in overwhelming language learning materials. My best recourse: my lovely Canadian and American friends, colleagues, my cute patients, newspaper, classmates, professors, printouts, radio, TV ......theses are the accurate portrayal of the REAL LIFE. I think they're abundant and lavish enough for me to indulge rather than Friends. 

Friends, this casual and lay-back comedy 对我学英语来讲实际上没什么用,真的。

我英语的提到都是在生活和工作中 interacting with all kinds of ppl: from senators, professors, diplomats, to farmers, city workers, and even homeless! 

More and more English learners relish crunching the script of sitcoms, maybe because they think the culture, idealizing slangs, dominates this world. 可我怎么觉得不对呢,那些好朋友来我家,大家一起吃喝,玩的不亦乐乎时也没听她们说那么多slangs呀?我们一起去K歌,也没那么多slangs呀。工作中就更少了。当然,工作中也学到不少恶心的slangs,比如“blue angel”感兴趣的自己去查吧,别问我啥意思,呵呵~这些词我宁可不会。

大家喜欢学sitcom就学吧,我是不会再像以前那么学了,呵呵~学习英语,我有自己的真对性,和专业及每天的生活息息相关,也许并不适合别人。同时我对某些西方历史和某些领域的相关文化简直着迷,能和一些专家谈上几个小时,太~~让人兴奋了!我很幸运,身边的老师很多,夏天还有一位大师从Alberta过来,呵呵~打算邀请他小住我家一周。也学这些是打不了酱油,但要想看懂卢浮宫的那些艺术品,想看懂巴黎圣母院的壁画,没这些知识做基础是不行的呀。

很高兴又和Lilac讨论这么多,休息去了,大家晚安!

所有跟帖: 

唉! -北京二号- 给 北京二号 发送悄悄话 北京二号 的博客首页 (31 bytes) () 02/05/2011 postreply 20:22:42

咋的了? -千与.千寻- 给 千与.千寻 发送悄悄话 千与.千寻 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 02/05/2011 postreply 20:23:22

没事儿。 -北京二号- 给 北京二号 发送悄悄话 北京二号 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 02/05/2011 postreply 20:31:36

哎呀,typo不少啊:from a party, 提高、也许.....妈呀,我也没喝酒呀~大家都很聪明, -千与.千寻- 给 千与.千寻 发送悄悄话 千与.千寻 的博客首页 (46 bytes) () 02/05/2011 postreply 20:48:53

对于我这样上班只是路过美国的就不一样了! -sleet- 给 sleet 发送悄悄话 sleet 的博客首页 (9097 bytes) () 02/05/2011 postreply 22:04:51

co: 对于我这样上班只是路过美国的就不一样了!~~ -lilac09- 给 lilac09 发送悄悄话 lilac09 的博客首页 (5933 bytes) () 02/06/2011 postreply 08:07:43

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”