The Word travel (1)

来源: 走马读人 2012-06-06 07:06:47 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (4309 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 走马读人 ] 在 2012-06-10 06:54:40 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

So you will be a teenager next year. Full-fledged bird starts to fly in the sky. The first of all is a thorough understanding of the enigma of the human language.

But before you start to read let me ask you a question on the world famous painting of "Easter Procession in the District of Kursk" by Ilya Repin. Why did the artist compose in that way? Is there a principle which answers to part of the secrets of the words?

"It is beautiful!" I recall you said his five years ago, and I thought it is your eyes are truly beautiful. I like to see your eyes to find out what kind spark will show next. If all goes well there will be happy smile. Gradually you will join me to explore the secret of the last six thousand years.

This is not a boring textbook. You will see pictures and cartoons, some of which are drawn by you, so with a drawing pad ready. It will not even be a regular history in the accepted sense of the word.

Together we shall wander forth to explore the intricate mystery of the words. Mysterious rivers of words which seem to come from one common spot and which are joined by many branches and finally entered ocean.

I shall bring you away from old idea, entering magic kindom. We shall leave the track to scale a solitary peak, towering high above plateau.

No guarantee we shall be sometimes beset by a dense fog of ignorance. Wherever we go we must carry our torch at night and understanding for vast tracts of land will prove to be a sterile desert--swept by icy storms of popular prejudice. That would be avoided.

Instead to be an infallible guide, rather I advise you to take counsel with other travelers who have passed along before. Only by the comparison of theirs with mine and if this leads you to dispute, that is a welcome.

Never you want be preached but reach destiny by your own. You know what this book expects of you, that you shall do your share of the task and shall do it bravely and cheerfully.

CONTENTS

CHAPTER

I

II

XXX

Origin 

It took Columbus much longer than us to cross the ocean for we have a map and airplane.
Height of thought, is the hight distinguish a genius from a common people. Van Loon's book told us a seemingly unbilieveble fact that a whole people of world in 1930's could fill into a box of half mile in three dimention. If we concentrate our time and stand on a very high level, our time value will be tripled, millionare is not a dream at all.
We understand a great deal about various subjects and we are familiar with a thousand different branches of science.In one respect, however, we are quite as ignorant as the most primitive
of men--we do not know the secret of the words well. We do not know how or why or
when the human language began its travel upon this Earth. We are still obliged to follow the example of the
past and hink in the old way.

"Let there be light." The light gave us some physical track and evidence of the meaning of word structure.

What are the word light,day,white and nature in common? Deep in these two we have found a few pieces of clues.

They were hidden amidst masses of letters that have long ignored to be analyzed. We have taken these clues and
they allow us to reconstruct the strange creature who happens to be
our tools, the words.

The ancient alphabet was a series of pictures. A is horn of ox. B is a room...
When you utter A, you may be alert or angry ...which is more basic state than be happy for you are no longer a baby. Dark is more dangerous than day. Black annd red is more eye catching than the rest. As Chinese wo is composed partly by ge, an ax,dagger-ax,so is word I which is ...man, a kind of animal and is bellow God,

Once A started, by A of the ox horn,there is E for continuation and smoothness. 
Best yet to come after we were beset by ignorance. Best is like face. Beset is not good, only take is.

所有跟帖: 

some typos -sportwoman- 给 sportwoman 发送悄悄话 sportwoman 的博客首页 (3749 bytes) () 06/06/2012 postreply 11:41:48

thx! the magic of Squidoo -走马读人- 给 走马读人 发送悄悄话 走马读人 的博客首页 (3284 bytes) () 06/06/2012 postreply 19:52:40

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”