给EPL的饭们。

来源: cha-cha 2011-09-11 14:27:36 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (4273 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ cha-cha ] 在 2011-09-12 05:44:04 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

作者写的UPDATE。这书我没看,只看了文学青年(我发现某人名不副实,又爱好写作,又ADMIRE作家诗人,这不是典型的文学青年吗?所以给她改了名)的几句话介绍。这作者哭着闹着不要婚姻,写了本畅销书还是回归婚姻啊。到了40又哭着闹着想要娃了也不一定。

AN UPDATE ON EPL

Readers of EAT PRAY LOVE sometimes ask if I am still in touch with the people I met along the way during that journey, and I am delighted to report that I am in close contact with all of them. In fact, I even married one of them (that nice Brazilian fellow, of course, who now lives with me in New Jersey, bless his heart.) I also make it a point to visit LUCA SPAGHETTI in Italy whenever possible - and we spent Christmas together on my parents' farm a few years back. My language-partner twin Giovanni is thriving in Rome in his career as a journalist, and he came to New Jersey not long ago to visit me during a Bruce Springsteen pilgrimage. My dear friend Iva Nasr -- who, in EPL, encouraged me to write a petition to God about my divorce -- is, luckily enough, available to guide others these days in a similar fashion. Check out her website. Sofie from Sweden is happily dividing her time between London and an evolving love story in America, and she and I try to meet up somewhere in the world, whenever we can. Yude is still living in Indonesia, working as a tour guide and making music. Best of all, both Ketut Liyer and my friend Wayan the healer are absolutely thriving. Please do go visit them if you are ever in the town of Ubud, Bali. They would be most happy to receive you, and anyone in town can point you in their direction. If you need a guide in Bali, contact my sweet friend Mario at the Ubud Inn, at mariourip@yahoo.com.

Also - on the topic of Bali, I can't say enough wonderful things about Robin Lim, an American-born woman who runs the Bumi Sehat Foundation, based in Ubud. Robin is an extraordinary midwife who has dedicated her life to supporting the mothers and babies of Indonesia. Robin's clinic is the best place on the island for any woman to find access to safe care during pregnancy - and for Balinese Muslim women (a not-always-embraced minority) her clinic is a special haven, where they are sure to always be treated with respect and kindness. Of course, Robin is operating on a shoestring budget, but it's amazing what she can do with so little. She delivers 60 to 70 babies a month (the woman appears to never sleep) as well as offering prenatal care and breast-feeding support. The clinic has been so successful that Robin has expanded her work to Aceh (site of the recent Tsunami disaster, where she arrived at the scene of the tragedy even before the Red Cross got there) and she's looking to open a new clinic in Timor (which has the highest infant mortality rate in all of Asia.) If you can, please make a donation, and be as generous with your financial support as you can be. All donations are tax-deductible, and you can be sure your money will be well spent bringing gorgeous new babies safely into the world. Robin desperately needs to build a new clinic that will not only provide more beds (she often takes recovering post-natal moms into her own home) but will also be earthquake proof, and ready to support the larger community in case of a natural disaster. Your donation will help enormously. And if you happen to going to Bali, take a look at the WISH LIST on her website, and see if you can pack up an extra suitcase full of gifts for the clinic. Every blanket and every toothbrush helps as much as every dollar. Robin Lim is what we all should strive to be - a great, abundant, generous, warm and tirelessly running faucet of humanity and grace.

所有跟帖: 

说实在的,越想越觉得自己不是EPL的饭 -非文学青年- 给 非文学青年 发送悄悄话 非文学青年 的博客首页 (231 bytes) () 09/11/2011 postreply 15:17:30

我看了A Free Life, 在NYJ一章节选,咋觉得看不下去呢 -jennea- 给 jennea 发送悄悄话 jennea 的博客首页 (449 bytes) () 09/11/2011 postreply 16:09:31

哈哈 -非文学青年- 给 非文学青年 发送悄悄话 非文学青年 的博客首页 (289 bytes) () 09/11/2011 postreply 16:15:33

那个倒真的是个typo~ -jennea- 给 jennea 发送悄悄话 jennea 的博客首页 (67 bytes) () 09/11/2011 postreply 16:20:47

关于政治的是不好看,别的还是挺好看的。 -cha-cha- 给 cha-cha 发送悄悄话 cha-cha 的博客首页 (411 bytes) () 09/11/2011 postreply 16:39:45

还有一本:GIRL IN TRANSLATION,也是移民小说。 -cha-cha- 给 cha-cha 发送悄悄话 cha-cha 的博客首页 (146 bytes) () 09/11/2011 postreply 17:07:24

第一个读介绍有点意思 -jennea- 给 jennea 发送悄悄话 jennea 的博客首页 (283 bytes) () 09/11/2011 postreply 17:19:04

哦,还想起来一点儿关于EPL的update -非文学青年- 给 非文学青年 发送悄悄话 非文学青年 的博客首页 (110 bytes) () 09/11/2011 postreply 15:18:51

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”