贴篇习作:My Diet Theories

来源: 羊冈 2013-01-05 21:45:28 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3535 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 羊冈 ] 在 2013-01-07 03:32:05 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

Most diet theories are scientifically unsound, but some are effective ── in discouraging people from eating. Here I offer two, hopefully effective ones.

1. The amount of food, that is, the amount of energy, one can consume in her/his lifetime is pre-determined (by goodness knows who and how). Quota, if you will. So if you eat more every day, you use up your quota sooner. What happens if I use up my quota? Oh, you die. Sorry.

1. Hunger is a natural and healthy status of life. For a very long time in human evolution, starving was (and still is, in many parts of the world) the number one threat to life. Whoever ate faster, ate more, and thereby accumulated more fat, had better chances to survive famines that were sure to come. As a result, we are all overeaters by inheritance. We feel hungry way too early and too often than we should, and we are not satiated until we eat too much ── our brains are trying to build up for famines that never come (for us lucky ones, thank God). So we need to re-train our brains to take hunger as a signal of well-being, not a life-threatening urge to eat. Try to tell yourself:  “Hunger is good; hunger is healthy; hunger is beautiful; and I love hunger.”

By the way, it is not all that bad to be hungry. You stay alert and do things faster when you are hungry, as your brain wants you to fight for your life. And you get an immediate payback ── your food tastes a lot better. How about a long term payback? You get to live longer, in better shape.

In his June 2005  Stanford  University graduation commencement speech, Steve Jobs (Apple founder and CEO) quoted the tag line of The Whole Earth Catalog: "Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish". While it is obvious that “stay hungry” here means to stay mentally hungry ── for knowledge, there is no harm to take it physiologically also.

所有跟帖: 

写的棒极了,既风趣幽默又给人启迪。欢迎羊冈来美语论坛。 -纾珈- 给 纾珈 发送悄悄话 纾珈 的博客首页 (1140 bytes) () 01/06/2013 postreply 05:47:51

谢谢,是斑竹?你很亲切哦。 -羊冈- 给 羊冈 发送悄悄话 羊冈 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/06/2013 postreply 09:33:19

问好,有空就常来发帖灌水呀,喜欢读你写的文章。 -纾珈- 给 纾珈 发送悄悄话 纾珈 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/06/2013 postreply 09:34:44

回复:贴篇习作:My Diet Theories -bmdn- 给 bmdn 发送悄悄话 (106 bytes) () 01/06/2013 postreply 07:03:30

就是。肥胖的原因千头万绪,归根结底,就是一句话:吃饱了撑的。 -羊冈- 给 羊冈 发送悄悄话 羊冈 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/06/2013 postreply 09:34:57

自己翻译:我的节食理论 -羊冈- 给 羊冈 发送悄悄话 羊冈 的博客首页 (2138 bytes) () 01/06/2013 postreply 14:31:05

热烈欢迎羊冈来美坛玩!E文写得幽默可读性强! -beautifulwind- 给 beautifulwind 发送悄悄话 beautifulwind 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/06/2013 postreply 22:47:22

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”