写得真好!很喜欢,看到最后也为妹妹松了口气。

本文内容已被 [ NewVoice ] 在 2011-10-22 14:04:22 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

Your essay reminds me of Franklin D Roosevelt’s famous quote: "The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself!"

I remember that, during the early years of my career, the fear of losing my job made me feel like “walking on the thin ice (如履薄冰)”, so I worked my butt off just to try to stay a step ahead. Now with a secured job, I am just doing the minimum to get by. Yes, fear of losing job sometimes is a driving force to push us to work hard, to prepare ahead, to achieve more, but doing a job with love and passion is the ultimate driving force behind each successful person (Steve Jobs is a great example).

A few bricks:

1. Some most common fears – some of the most common fears

2. my idea about a job change is like a blurred picture that suddenly finds its focus -> my idea about a job change is like a blurred picture that is suddenly brought into sharp focus…

3. that most intrigue me – that intrigue me most

4. it hit me – it hits me

5. let’s not fear making speech – let’s not fear to make speech

6. Now I think fear itself is not to be fear, but to be endeared - 是不是太绝对了?  Some fears are negative. How about "some fears are not to be feared, "?

所有跟帖: 

谢谢姐姐! -非文学青年- 给 非文学青年 发送悄悄话 非文学青年 的博客首页 (3170 bytes) () 10/22/2011 postreply 13:48:26

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!