体育美语:Hockey 冰球(美语听力)

来源: 婉蕠 2010-02-23 06:32:32 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (4274 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 婉蕠 ] 在 2010-02-25 04:17:44 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
体育美语:Hockey 冰球(美语听力)VOA (ZT)

http://www.freexinwen.com/chinese/soundse/se028.m3u

Y: 今天我和Marc, Patrick一起看冰球比赛。Hi Mark, hi Patrick.

M: Yeh, hey Yang Chen. Thanks for inviting me to this hockey game, Yang Chen.

P: Yeh. So how did you ever get tickets to the Stanley Cup?

Y: Well, I could tell you but then I would have to kill you.

M: Never mind, I don't want to know that bad. But I'm surprised that you are a hockey fan.

Y: I'm not exactly a hockey fan. 我其实不太懂冰球。

M & P: Of course

M: Oh, I think you are just being modest.

P: Believe me. She is not being modest. Look! Our team just scored!

Y: 为什么每个人都往冰场扔帽子?

M: Because that player just scored a hat-trick.

Y: Hat-trick? 有人变魔术?

M: There is no magician. It means one player scores three goals in a game. When that happens, everybody throws their hat on the ice.

Y: 噢,有一个队员进三个球,我们就说他scored a hat-trick。 Quick, give me your hat! I'm going to throw it.

P: No way! Throw your own.

M: OK. You can have mine.

Y: I have another question. 刚才一个队有五个队员,另一个队有四个。太不公平了。

M: That's because the first team was on a power play.

Y: what is a power play?

M: If a player breaks a rule, he has to sit in the penalty box. So the other team has an extra player and is on a power play.

Y: 犯规的队员要坐到受罚席。那么另一个队就是on the power play, 比对方多一个人,所以实力更强。I have another question.

M: Yang Chen, now I do realize you know very little about hockey.

P: Let me tell you, she knows very little about any sport.

Y: That's not true, I can play Mahjong.

P: Like I said, you don't know anything about any sport, because Mahjong is not a sport.

Words and phrases

1. Hat-trick

It means one player scores three goals in a game. When that happens, everybody throws their hat on the ice.

2. power play

If a player breaks a rule, he has to sit in the penalty box. So the other team has an extra player and is on a power play.

3. Hockey
冰球

4. Stanley Cup
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Stanley Cup is an ice hockey club trophy, awarded annually to the National Hockey League (NHL) playoffs champion. It has been referred to as The Cup, The Holy Grail, or facetiously (chiefly by sportswriters) as Lord Stanley's Mug or Lord Stanley's Cup. The Stanley Cup is surrounded by numerous legends and traditions, the oldest of which is the celebratory drinking of champagne out of the cup by the winning team. Unlike the trophies awarded by the other three major professional sports leagues of North America, a new Stanley Cup is not made each year; Cup winners keep it until a new champion is crowned. It is unusual among trophies, in that it has the name of the winning players, coaches, management, and club staff engraved on its chalice. The original bowl was made of silver and has a dimension of 18.5 centimeters (7.28 inches) in height and 29 centimeters (11.42 inches) in diameter. The current Stanley Cup, topped with a copy of the original bowl, is made of silver and nickel alloy. Today, it has a height of 89.54 centimeters (35.25 inches) and weighs 15.5 kilograms (34.5 lb).

Originally inscribed the Dominion Hockey Challenge Cup, the trophy was donated in 1892 by then Governor General of Canada Lord Stanley of Preston, as an award for Canada's top-ranking amateur ice hockey club. In 1915, the two professional ice hockey organizations, the National Hockey Association (NHA) and the Pacific Coast Hockey Association (PCHA), reached a gentlemen's agreement in which their respective champions would face each other for the Stanley Cup. After a series of league mergers and folds, it became the de facto championship trophy of the NHL in 1926. The Cup later became the de jure NHL championship prize in 1947.
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”