【十】

来源: 淋雨 2014-10-30 20:08:15 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3902 bytes)
以下是我按照自己听到的内容,记录下来的原文
-------- Transcript ---------

36:05
Was that an absolute hell project that you work together, and you came on the other end, and then you got it done at the deadline, and you like, that was amazing. It was the hell projects. It was the thing we had to go out of our ways more, do things for each other, things weren't supposed to be, I was wrapping packages, I was doing stuffs that designers aren't supposed to do.you know, this is what produces that. right? and so the thing is, about measurement and destination reward. Imagine you were standing in the big empty room, right? and we were standing in one corner, I gave you simplest instruction. I want you to go to that corner, in the straight line. right? Okay go, no big deal. right? without telling you I slipped a chair in front of you. What do you do? You go around the chair. Now you just disobey what I told you to do, I told you to go that corner straight line. Now this is the amazing thing about the human beings, which is when we were giving the clear, we used our own creativity at our own sense of evasion,our own problem solving abilities to overcome obstacles to get to the destination. In another word, the destination is more important than the route.

37:12
Right? We are flexible about the route. We are obsessed with the destination. Reset. We're standing at the corner together, and i will give you simple instruction. Go somewhere in this room in a straight line. and you say to me, where you want me to go? I said I don't know, you are smart, figure it out go to straight line. and so, you pick a point, you start walking. Without telling you, I put a chair in front of you. What you gonna to do? Come to a grinding halt. I say, what you stop for? Well,you put a chair in front of me. or you make a sudden turn, and go another direction. right? and this is the problem. It's the same obstacle. The difference is when you have a clear set,,,a clear destination, the obstacles become easy to overcome. When you don't have a clear destination, you kept coming to grind halt. What we do in our companies, is we are counting the steps for taking along the route, but we never looking at the destination. So the company says, " Made a million dollars this year, but we were only planning to make 80 thousand" We took ten steps, when you were planning to take eight.

38:02
Where were you going? No clue. Right? We count steps, and so the point is that people want to feel the effort of their exerting actually you are moving somewhere, and so successful measurement, successful recognition is not just for the steps you take, is not just for the effort, is that the effort you exerted moved us closer to where we were trying to get to. and that get to should be some crazy ideal. My ideal is to live in a world which the vast majority of people, wake up every single morning, you know, inspired to go to work, fulfilled by the work they do, and the couple of measurements that I used, are if the book is selling, and I, by the way, people are asking, how many have you sold? I have no clue. I have never asked the publishers because I don't care.I really don't care how many are sold. What I care about is the amazon rankings, and those are going steady or up, and not plummeting, because that means other people, right? 'cause I don't have publicises, I don't have marketing strategy on purpose, I didn't actually hire one of those companies to sell the book for me. and the reason is, because I am not interested in book sales, I am interested in spreading good idea.So I just used that as the metric to help me understand, am I sort of marching in the, because the more I preach, is it a resignating (a wording error).(??)

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!