【听新闻练听力】Video: Six dead as blizzard slams Southwest, Great Plain

来源: EnLearner 2011-12-20 07:16:16 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (6562 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ EnLearner ] 在 2011-12-21 08:08:56 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

" + __flash__argumentsToXML(arguments,0) + "")); }" videoplay="function () { return eval(instance.CallFunction("" + __flash__argumentsToXML(arguments,0) + "")); }" vplayer="function () { return eval(instance.CallFunction("" + __flash__argumentsToXML(arguments,0) + "")); }" s_getdomindex="function () { return eval(instance.CallFunction("" + __flash__argumentsToXML(arguments,0) + "")); }" s_gettrackclickmap="function () { return eval(instance.CallFunction("" + __flash__argumentsToXML(arguments,0) + "")); }" s_getaccount="function () { return eval(instance.CallFunction("" + __flash__argumentsToXML(arguments,0) + "")); }" s_getpagename="function () { return eval(instance.CallFunction("" + __flash__argumentsToXML(arguments,0) + "")); }" s_getpageurl="function () { return eval(instance.CallFunction("" + __flash__argumentsToXML(arguments,0) + "")); }" s_getmovieid="function () { return eval(instance.CallFunction("" + __flash__argumentsToXML(arguments,0) + "")); }" s_getversion="function () { return eval(instance.CallFunction("" + __flash__argumentsToXML(arguments,0) + "")); }" s_getcharset="function () { return eval(instance.CallFunction("" + __flash__argumentsToXML(arguments,0) + "")); }" s_getswfurl="function () { return eval(instance.CallFunction("" + __flash__argumentsToXML(arguments,0) + "")); }">

we begin with that major storm that's making travel and nightmare from new mexico to kansas. we'll be talking to al in just a moment. but first the weather channel's mike seidel is in garnden city, kansas, with more. mike, i'm sorry to see you out there in it. what can you tell us?

>> reporter: i can tell you it's still snowing and blowing. you get a sense of what happens when you have 50-mile-an-hour winds. we've had drifts as high as ten feet in parts of southeastern colorado. take a look at some of the pictures overnight. actually we had winds clocked in new mexico of 72 miles an hour, up to two feet of snow in parts of new mexico and this has shut down a lot of highways. there are blizzard warnings in parts of six states. here the windchills are in the single numbers, some of the coldest windchills we've seen in a rather lackluster december. only 50% of the average snowfall has fallen and only 25% of all the snow we dug out last december. now, these blizzard warnings will last in some areas until noon. once the winds back off, we'll lose that ability of drifting, but still a lot of roads are closed this morning and just about everything is shut down here across the high plains. ann.

>> mike, listen, a lot of people who are on the roads that want to travel. what is the advice this morning given this storm about whether people should stay inside instead?

>> reporter: people should sit tight. we have parts of three major interstates shut down, i-70 kansas, i-40, a huge stretch from albuquerque to amarillo is closed and i-25 up in northeastern colorado. a lot of secondary roads. here in garden city you can't go south, you can't go west, you to sit tight. remember yesterday a lot of this began as rain and froze so under the snowpack is a layer of ice. last night we saw a lot of tractor-trailers, a lot of spinouts, a lot of wrecks. the only thing missing this morning, ann, is al roker. he was supposed to be here.

>> let's get to al roker. al was, in fact, heading to kansas as well when mother nature intervened so this morning he's in a very frigid area of aurora, colorado. al, good morning to you.

>> reporter: yeah, good morning. we're just outside of denver. what happened, by the time we landed, all of the flights from denver into kansas were cancelled. and so we decided we rented an suv and we were driving i-70, got to limon and they shut down i-70 of the some of the other secondary roads that we could have taken. there's a twitpic that i had sent, whiteout conditions, blowing and drifting snow, so we ended up saying, you know what, the heck with this, let's head back to denver because we did not want to be one of those people you see stranded on the side of the road or in a ditch. now here's the deal, we do have winter storm warnings and blizzard warnings out for today for, again, parts of colorado on into also oklahoma, kansas. i mean we've got some rough weather to talk about. look at the latest radar. you can see we still have snow wrapping around this low-pressure system. it is starting to weaken, but here's the track of the storm as it makes its way pushing up to the north and east. as it does, that snow does start to lessen. we'll be looking at about another 2 to 6 inches of snow generally in the areas that already got that snow and then as it pushes north, we're amazingly going to be looking at a lot of wet weather and stormy weather. carl.

>> al, i'll talk to you soon and get the rest of your forecast in a bit.

所有跟帖: 

先顶一下。下了。 -beautifulwind- 给 beautifulwind 发送悄悄话 beautifulwind 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/20/2011 postreply 08:57:35

听了练了!谢谢愚公! -NewVoice- 给 NewVoice 发送悄悄话 NewVoice 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/20/2011 postreply 09:15:49

谢谢愚公,我FF听不了。等会儿有空的话用IE试试。 -非文学青年- 给 非文学青年 发送悄悄话 非文学青年 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/20/2011 postreply 10:11:51

NICE!报告老师,听明白了。还看了后面那个大熊猫玩雪。 -cha-cha- 给 cha-cha 发送悄悄话 cha-cha 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/20/2011 postreply 18:40:54

谢谢美风,NewVoice,文教授,和恰恰班长。一周快乐! -EnLearner- 给 EnLearner 发送悄悄话 EnLearner 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/20/2011 postreply 19:47:29

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”