小洛克菲勒铭言

来源: decentdreamer 2013-04-23 13:03:34 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (8187 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ decentdreamer ] 在 2013-04-23 20:44:06 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

小约翰·戴维森·洛克菲勒John Davison Rockefeller, Jr. 1874年1月29-1960年5月11,是美国著名慈善家、洛克菲勒家族的重要人物。他是标准石油公司創辦人、亿万富翁约翰·洛克菲勒唯一的儿子和继承人,也是著名的洛克菲勒五兄弟的父亲。以下是小洛克菲勒1941年在洛克菲勒中心写的牌匾全文。

I believe in the supreme worth of the individual and in his  right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
I believe that  every right implies a responsibility; every opportunity, an obligation; every  possession, a duty.
I believe that the law was made for man and not man for  the law; that government is the servant of the people and not their master.
I  believe in the dignity of labor, whether with head or hand; that the world owes  no man a living but that it owes every man an opportunity to make a living.
I  believe that thrift is essential to well ordered living and that economy is a  prime requisite of a sound financial structure, whether in government, business  or personal affairs.
I believe that truth and justice are fundamental to an  enduring social order.
I believe in the sacredness of a promise, that a man's  word should be as good as his bond; that character not wealth or power or  position - is of supreme worth.
I believe that the rendering of useful  service is the common duty of mankind and that only in the purifying fire of  sacrifice is the dross of selfishness consumed and the greatness of the human  soul set free.
I believe in an all-wise and all-loving God, named by whatever name, and that the individual’s highest fulfillment, greatest happiness, and widest usefulness are to be found in living in harmony with His Will.

I believe that love is the greatest thing in the world; that it alone can overcome hate; that right can and will triumph over  might

原创翻译小洛克菲勒在1941年写的牌匾: 

我相信个人至高无上 ​​的价值,和他对生命,自由和幸福追求的权利。
我相信,每一项权利意味着责任,每一个机会意味着义务,每一个拥有意味着职责。
我相信,法律是为人而切,不是人为法律而立,政府是人民的公仆,不是人民的主人。
我相信劳动的尊严,​​无论是脑力或体力的,这个世界没欠任何人一个生存,但它欠每个人一个谋生的机会。
我相信,节俭是井然有序生活的基本,而经济是健全财务结构的首要必需,无论是在政府,企业或个人事务里。
我相信,真理和公正是一个长久社会秩序的基础。
我相信承诺的神圣,一个人的言行应该像他信守的那样美好,品格,非财富,权力或地位 – 是具有至高无上价值的。
我相信,提供有益服务是人类的共同职责,只有在奉献的炼火中,自私的糟粕被消毁,人类灵魂的伟大得到释放。
我相信一个大智和博爱的上帝,不论它冠以何名,相信个人的最高成就,最大的幸福,最广泛的用,将会在与上帝意旨的和谐生活中找到。
我相信,爱是世界上最伟大的事情,有它就能克服仇恨,权利能够而且必将战胜权势。

And I You Giovanni

请阅读更多我的博客文章>>>

所有跟帖: 

谢谢翻译这些给人启迪的铭言,分享洛克菲勒中心的圣诞摄影。 -婉蕠- 给 婉蕠 发送悄悄话 婉蕠 的博客首页 (33 bytes) () 04/23/2013 postreply 17:48:47

放不上,不好意思,请到我的博客听吧, -decentdreamer- 给 decentdreamer 发送悄悄话 decentdreamer 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/23/2013 postreply 18:20:34

听到了清脆空灵的钢琴声,谢谢。 -婉蕠- 给 婉蕠 发送悄悄话 婉蕠 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/23/2013 postreply 18:56:42

good -decentdreamer- 给 decentdreamer 发送悄悄话 decentdreamer 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/24/2013 postreply 09:13:53

Have a nice day. -婉蕠- 给 婉蕠 发送悄悄话 婉蕠 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/24/2013 postreply 09:42:08

Thanks for sharing! -Lucidus- 给 Lucidus 发送悄悄话 Lucidus 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/24/2013 postreply 06:15:43

thanks -decentdreamer- 给 decentdreamer 发送悄悄话 decentdreamer 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/24/2013 postreply 08:24:00

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”