Hilary Clinton Q & A , 第四部分

来源: 2msmom 2012-06-25 11:44:23 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1891 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 2msmom ] 在 2012-06-26 07:56:15 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

Original Video - More videos at TinyPic In this segment, again, the question is asked by a non-native speaker, so the Q section is not a mimic of the original speaker. It is just my own reading. It is interesting to see how the intonation sounds differently from the A section where the reading is a mimic of the original speaker. QUESTION: Dr. Nguyen Dinh Thang with BPSOS. We serve Vietnamese Americans and work with Vietnamese in Vietnam. While your initiative will take some time to take effect, just recently, in recent months, the Vietnamese Government sentenced several bloggers to five years all the way to 16 years in prison. So what does your office plan to do, and how the U.S. Government can confront such an emergency situation in Vietnam? SECRETARY CLINTON: Well, we have publicly spoken out against the detention, conviction, and imprisonment of not only the bloggers in Vietnam, but some of the Buddhist monks and nuns and others who have been subjected to harassment. Vietnam has made so much progress, and it’s just moving with great alacrity into the future, raising the standard of living of their people. And we don’t believe they should be afraid of commentary that is internal. In fact, I would like to see more governments, if you disagree with what a blogger or a website is saying, get in and argue with them. Explain what it is you’re doing. Put out contrary information. Point out what the pitfalls are of the position that a blogger might be taking. So I hope that Vietnam will move more in that direction, because I think it goes hand in hand with the progress that we’ve seen in the last few years there.

所有跟帖: 

great. -jingbeiboy- 给 jingbeiboy 发送悄悄话 jingbeiboy 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/25/2012 postreply 13:55:35

co: great! -EnLearner- 给 EnLearner 发送悄悄话 EnLearner 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/25/2012 postreply 20:53:23

非常好! -tingfeng- 给 tingfeng 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 06/27/2012 postreply 09:53:59

谢大家美言。 -2msmom- 给 2msmom 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 06/27/2012 postreply 20:43:27

新闻主播哈~ 真棒! -~叶子~- 给 ~叶子~ 发送悄悄话 ~叶子~ 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 07/18/2012 postreply 10:50:48

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”