地道美语:Wedding 婚礼(2)(音频文字)

来源: 斓婷 2010-12-08 06:25:04 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (8903 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 斓婷 ] 在 2010-12-10 09:40:24 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

Picture Source: Internet

地道美语:Wedding 婚礼(2)(音频文字) VOA (ZT)

Professor: John and Carmen decided to have their wedding in a small church in Carmen's home town. Today, they are planning the details.

John本想到拉斯维加斯去结婚,可最后还是听了Carmen的话,在Carmen的家乡办传统婚礼。不知道在筹划婚礼的过程中,John是不是还会处处迁就Carmen。

Professor: Let's listen.

Carmen: Gosh, John, I just love being back in my home town. It's the perfect place to get married.

John: Yeah, I guess it's pretty good. I can't wait for the wedding. It's going to be a great party!

Carmen: A party? John, this wedding is supposed to be a romantic event for you and me.

John: Yeah that's fine. But I'm also definitely going to party with the groomsmen at the wedding reception!

Professor Bowman, groomsmen是婚礼伴郎么?

Professor: That's right, Winnie. The groom's friends are called the groomsmen, and the bride's friends are called the bridesmaids.

哦,伴娘就是bridesmaids。那么,reception又是什么呢?

Professor: The reception is the dinner after the wedding ceremony.

哦,reception就是喜宴! 怪不得John说,婚礼是个大派对,他等不及跟伴郎们在喜宴上大吃大喝呢!

Carmen: That's right, we have to plan the reception too. How many people do you think will come?

John: I don't know... but we have a pretty big wedding party, and I have a really big family.

Carmen: That's true! I don't think I will be able to remember the names of all my in-laws.

John: Don't worry. I often forget some of their names too!

这个John,三句话不离"party"! Carmen问他喜宴会有多少客人,可他只会说"We have a pretty big wedding party."

Professor: Actually, Winnie, in this case the wedding party is the people who are directly participating in the wedding.

哦,原来这个wedding party不是婚礼派对,而是“婚礼团”,也就是双方父母,伴郎伴娘等婚礼中的关键人物!

Professor: Yes. Carmen says John's family is so big that she won't remember the names of all her "in-laws".

嗯,in-laws就是配偶的家里人,包括岳父,婆婆,小姑等等。

Carmen: Say John, do you know who your best man is going to be?

John: No, I haven't decided yet. I'll probably choose whichever friend can give the best toast. What about your maid of honor?

Carmen: I haven't had time to decide because I've been so busy thinking about all the other planning. We haven't even talked about the rehearsal dinner yet!

John: Don't worry. The groom's family is supposed to plan the rehearsal dinner.

Professor: So Winnie, how is John going to pick his best man?

Best man就是主伴郎,或者叫男傧相。John说他会让那个give the best toast - 最会致祝酒词的朋友当他的best man.

Professor: Right. And what about Carmen? Has she picked her maid of honor?

Maid of honor就是主伴娘,女傧相,Carmen忙着筹备婚礼,还没想好让谁当maid of honor. 对了,professor Bowman, 什么是rehearsal dinner?

Professor: The day before the wedding, everyone in the wedding party practices what they have to do. Afterward they all have dinner together at the rehearsal dinner.

哦,我明白了。婚礼前,婚礼团的人会把所有仪式彩排一遍,然后一起吃饭,这顿饭就叫"rehearsal dinner".

Professor: Yes, that is the tradition.

John: I know, let's just get a wedding planner to do all the work for us.

Carmen: A wedding planner? No way! I don't want a stranger planning our wedding.

John: Well if you don't want to get a wedding planner, my mother said she would be happy to help you plan the wedding.

Carmen: Your mother? You know, John, maybe a wedding planner isn't such a bad idea after all.

哈,看来Carmen不想让未来的婆婆策划自己的婚礼,所以她宁可请一位wedding planner - 婚礼策划师来出谋划策。

Professor: You know, Winnie, I have to agree that even though a wedding planner is a stranger, having your mother-in-law planning your wedding could be a lot worse....

这次的美语三级跳就播送到这里。美语三级跳节目取材于美国之音最新推出的美语教学强档网站goenglish.me网址是:www.goenglish.me

Words and Phrases

1.  groomsmen 婚礼伴郎

The groom's friends are called the groomsmen, and the bride's friends are called the bridesmaids.

2. 伴娘就是bridesmaids

3. reception

The reception is the dinner after the wedding ceremony.

reception就是喜宴

4. wedding party 是“婚礼团”,也就是双方父母,伴郎伴娘等婚礼中的关键人物!

5.  "in-laws".

in-laws就是配偶的家里人,包括岳父,婆婆,小姑等等。

6.  Best man就是主伴郎,或者叫男傧相。

7. give the best toast - 最会致祝酒词

8.  Maid of honor就是主伴娘,女傧相

9. rehearsal dinner

The day before the wedding, everyone in the wedding party practices what they have to do. Afterward they all have dinner together at the rehearsal dinner.

婚礼前,婚礼团的人会把所有仪式彩排一遍,然后一起吃饭,这顿饭就叫"rehearsal dinner".

10. wedding planner - 婚礼策划师来出谋划策。

Audio download link:

http://www.freexinwen.com/chinese/soundge/ge019b.m3u

请阅读更多我的博客文章>>>
  • 音乐:LA Doctors Symphony Orchestra (音频文字)
  • 学一个词:Jaw-dropping 令人惊讶的(音频文字)
  • 小提琴曲:平安夜 专辑:恋恋小提琴
  • 地道美语:Wedding 婚礼 (1) (音频文字)
  • 学一个词:Brick-and-mortar 实实在在存在的(音频文字)
  • 请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
    请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
    选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”