学二姐,每日一篇新概念 II册第60课 ,边学边实践-10月19日

来源: blueswan 2009-10-19 22:21:34 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1811 bytes)

60. The future

At a village fair, I decided to visit a fortune-teller called Madam Bellinsky. I went into her tent and she told me to sit down. After I had given her some money, she looked into a crystal ball and said: 'A relation of yours is coming to see you. She will be arriving this evening and intends to stay for a few days. The moment you leave this tent, you will get a big surprise. A woman you know well will rush towards you. She will speak to you and then she will lead you away from this place. That is all.'
As soon as I went outside, I forgot all about Madam Bellinsky because my wife hurried towards me. 'Where have you been hiding?' she asked impatiently. 'Your sister will be here in less than an hour and we must be at the station to meet her. We are late already.' As she walked away, I followed her out of the fair.

60 I visited a fortune-teller called Madam Bellinsky at a village fair. I paid her money and she looked into a crystal ball in her tent. She told me one of my relatives was coming to visit me and I would be led away from this fair by a familiar woman. The moment I came out of her tent, I forgot her words. As my wife hurried up to me and told me we had to rush to the train station to pick up my sister, she was coming to see us.

Thank you for listening, any comments are welcomed!

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”