陈豪 is so bad at "办公室政治"

来源: lilac09 2009-10-06 11:32:15 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2409 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ lilac09 ] 在 2009-10-08 06:11:27 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
It is always about office politics. No matter how much you hate about it, you can never avoid it. As Chairman Mao once said, where there are people, there is politics. Office politics is just simply human nature. Since you cannot play above this foolishness, there may be numerous online tips or books that will teach you how to navigate the murky waters.

Here I just want to share a story about how my friend dealt with his boss’s favoritism.

It seems that there is always one particular co-work in your office who always gets the plum job and gain high visibility while you have to slave on those dirty background work all the time without much credit. Maybe you can talk with your boss how to get those high-profile projects with the positive attitudes if he can listen to you and play fair. Otherwise, job-hopping – that is probably what I would do. I am just so bad at office politics games, but not everyone is like me.

I have a friend, who is really cool and smart. He never let emotions get the best of him and he never gives up. He once had a big axx-hole manager who shoveled all the dirty trivia work to my friend and snatched the good and easy ones for him and his favorites, although my friend was technically much better than them.

Once the manager got a high profile project and they had a major design flaw inside it. My friend realized it but he didn’t say anything about it during the development phrase. It seemed that he was totally buried under his own bullshit work. Actually he was closely watching the progress of the project. The blunder didn’t hit the manager until the very last minute. The case was already becoming super hot and sticky and no one knew how to fix it. That manger was totally chewed out by his supervisors. And his favorites were just finger pointing each other to shun the responsibilities. It was a huge mess that cried for a huge mop. Then my friend stood up and came to the rescue. He brought up his solution that he had been thought for a long time. Of course, he was smart enough to not act that way. Anyway, the issue finally got resolved with one or two weeks extension time. But this was already much better than the original expectation of the over-all redo. My friend became a hero with super high visibility.

Then what happened next?
My friend now is the manager who can have his own favorites. :)

所有跟帖: 

your friend IS smart -23731241- 给 23731241 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 10/06/2009 postreply 12:06:38

If I were him, I would have been the first one to jump out... -lilac09- 给 lilac09 发送悄悄话 lilac09 的博客首页 (182 bytes) () 10/06/2009 postreply 13:25:11

haha, moral of the story: stand back when time is not ready yet -好学又好问- 给 好学又好问 发送悄悄话 好学又好问 的博客首页 (97 bytes) () 10/06/2009 postreply 13:14:38

好学mm. You're right. 俺奏是没那份耐性. -lilac09- 给 lilac09 发送悄悄话 lilac09 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/06/2009 postreply 13:31:31

谢谢好学又好问的总结。 -婉蕠- 给 婉蕠 发送悄悄话 婉蕠 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/06/2009 postreply 19:17:27

lilac是下笔如有神,谢谢分享职场的真实故事,写得非常好。 -婉蕠- 给 婉蕠 发送悄悄话 婉蕠 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/06/2009 postreply 19:16:04

I got lots of typos when I had to rush it out between my meeting -lilac09- 给 lilac09 发送悄悄话 lilac09 的博客首页 (125 bytes) () 10/06/2009 postreply 21:18:43

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”