英语歌曲:Oh, Pretty Woman(视频)

来源: 婉蕠 2009-09-08 10:55:30 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (5681 bytes)
lilac,

谢谢你朗诵的《[有图有声]Men lose their minds speaking to pretty women 》
来源: lilac09 于 09-09-08 06:57:36
http://web.wenxuecity.com/BBSView.php?SubID=mysj&MsgID=53125

让我想起了这首英语歌曲:《Oh, Pretty Woman(视频)》,和大家分享。

忘记告诉你了,也谢谢你分享的《Words and Expression》。

Have a nice week.

Song: Oh, Pretty Woman
Artist: Roy Orbison

Pretty woman, walkin down the street, pretty woman

The kind I like to meet, pretty woman

I dont believe you, youre not the truth

No one could look as good as you. mercy!

Pretty woman, wont you pardon me? pretty woman,

I couldnt help but see, pretty woman, that you look lovely as can be.

Are you lonely just like me? wow!

Pretty woman, stop awhile.

Pretty woman, talk awhile

Pretty woman, give your smile to me.

Pretty woman, yeah, yeah, yeah

Pretty woman, look my way

Pretty woman, say youll stay with me

cause I need you, Ill treat you right

Come with me baby, be mine tonight

Pretty woman, dont walk on by

Pretty woman, dont make me cry

Pretty woman, dont walk away, hey, o.k.

If thats the way it must be, o.k.

I guess Ill go on home. its late.

Therell be tomorrow night, but wait!

What do I see? is she walking back to me?

Yeah, shes walking back to me, oh, oh, pretty woman

Oh, Pretty Woman
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Oh, Pretty Woman" is a song, released in 1964, which was a worldwide success for Roy Orbison. Recorded on the Monument Records label in Nashville, Tennessee, it was written by Roy Orbison and Bill Dees. The song spent three weeks at number one on the Billboard Hot 100. The best-known guitar performance was by Wayne Moss later of Barefoot Jerry.

The lyrics tells the story of a man who sees a pretty woman walking by. He yearns for her and wonders if, as beautiful as she is, she might be lonely like he is. At the last minute, she turns back and joins him.

The title was supposedly inspired by Orbison's wife Claudette interrupting a conversation to announce she was going out; when Orbison asked if she was okay for cash, his friend interjected "A pretty woman never needs any money."

Orbison posthumously won the 1991 Grammy Award for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance for his live recording of the song on his HBO television special Roy Orbison and Friends, A Black and White Night. In 1999, the song was honored with a Grammy Hall of Fame Award and was named one of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's 500 Songs that Shaped Rock and Roll. In 2004, Rolling Stone magazine ranked it #222 on their list of the "500 Greatest Songs of All Time."

Roy Orbison
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Roy Kelton Orbison (April 23, 1936 – December 6, 1988) was an American singer-songwriter and musician, well known for his distinctive, powerful voice, complex compositions, and dark emotional ballads. Orbison grew up in Texas and began singing in a rockabilly / country & western band in high school until he was signed by Sun Records in Memphis. His greatest success was with Monument Records in the early 1960s where 22 of his songs placed on the Top Forty, including "Only the Lonely", "Crying", "In Dreams", and "Oh, Pretty Woman". His career stagnated through the 1970s, but several covers of his songs and the use of one in a film by David Lynch revived his career in the 1980s. He joined the supergroup The Traveling Wilburys with George Harrison, Bob Dylan, Tom Petty, and Jeff Lynne and released an album in 1988. He died of a heart attack at the age of 52, at the zenith of his resurgence.

Orbison was a natural baritone, but since 1961 writers have speculated that he had a three or four-octave range.The combination of Orbison's powerful, impassioned voice, and the complex musical arrangements in his songs led many in rock and roll to refer to his music as operatic, calling him the "Caruso of Rock". Performers as disparate as Elvis Presley and Bono stated his voice was, respectively, the greatest and most distinctive they had ever heard. While most men in rock and roll in the 1950s and 1960s portrayed a defiant masculinity, many of Orbison's songs instead conveyed a quiet, desperate vulnerability. He experienced tragedies in his life including the death of his first wife and his children on separate occasions. He was known for performing while standing still and solitary, wearing black clothes and dark sunglasses which lent an air of mystery to his persona.

Orbison was initiated into the second class of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1987 by longtime admirer Bruce Springsteen. The same year he was inducted into the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame. Rolling Stone listed Orbison as #37 in their list of The Greatest Artists of All Time. In 2002, Billboard magazine listed Orbison at #74 in the Top 600 recording artists. Rolling Stone rated Orbison at #13 in their list of The 100 Greatest Singers of All Time in 2008.

所有跟帖: 

婉蕠. Lovely song. -lilac09- 给 lilac09 发送悄悄话 lilac09 的博客首页 (431 bytes) () 09/08/2009 postreply 11:59:56

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”