礼节美语:Etiquette at the Theatre(英语听力)

来源: 婉蕠 2009-06-29 09:18:03 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2749 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 婉蕠 ] 在 2009-06-30 06:38:38 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
礼节美语:Etiquette at the Theatre(英语听力) ZT

陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作,他到办公室去找美国同事Amy。

(Office ambience)

C:Amy, 今天晚上的表演你去吗?

A:Yes, I'm looking forward to it. Our new boss, Mr. Brown, is being kind to take us all to celebrate the success on our last project. Are you going?

C:去。可我从来没去过剧院。你给我讲讲要注意些什么。我可不想在老板面前丢人。

A:The first thing you should know is to be on time. Mr. Brown is picking up our tickets and will meet us in front of the theater at 7 o'clock.

C:我本来约好了跟朋友吃饭,然后再去。既然老板已经买了票,我们为什么还要提前到呢?

A:First of all, you do as the boss requests. Secondly, it is inconsiderate to arrive just as the curtain goes up.

C:反正已经有票了,表演开始前到不就行了吗?

A:That is exactly the point. If your seat happens to be in the middle of the row, you will have to climb over everyone else.

C:如果我坐在边上,里面的人后到,我该怎么做呢?

A:You might want to remain standing until those people turn up. Once the lights go down to signal that the show is beginning, take your seat.

C:如果表演开始后,坐在里面的人才到呢?

A:Ushers generally will not seat people after the performance has begun until there is an appropriate break. Be courteous and stand to make it easier for them to get by.

C:谢谢你,Amy, 我们晚上见。

晚上表演中场休息。

C:Amy, 你觉得今天的表演怎么样?

A:The play is excellent, but I am having trouble seeing and hearing.

C:为什么?

A:Well, the woman in front of me has on a big hat. I am having trouble seeing. She wasn't being thoughtful when she decided to wear that monstrosity.

C: 什么叫monstrosity?

A:The word relates to monster. I suppose she wanted to dress up, but she overdid it. And by the way, what were you thinking when you decided to dress casually?

C:去剧院看表演还要穿西装打领带吗?

A:Absolutely, the theater is a special event and people should dress up for the occasion. You should at least have worn a coat and tie.

C:可我去看电影的时候,从来都穿得很随便的呀!

A:This isn't the movies. It is a sign of respect to the actors and the other theater goers to look your best.

C:其实,我去之前也犹豫了一下。

A:I wish you had asked me. Since you didn't, keep in mind that it is always better to dress up rather than dress down.
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”