Yes, I will Live in the Moment

来源: 永远老李 2024-03-25 09:05:09 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1457 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 永远老李 ] 在 2024-03-25 11:04:34 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
回答: 活在当下 (Live in the Moment)康赛欧2024-03-25 07:25:15

There was from that saturday morning. I decided to live in the moment. 

It was a saturday. There was a live telecast of World Cup 2022 match between Holland and USA. At half time break, I stood up and quietly got dressed. I had to leave home. I must go inspite of that exciting soccer telecast. The reason is I need to attend funeral of my wife's friend who died of cancer recently. 

I arrived in church where the ceremony was. The whole thing is surreal. Short eight months ago, she had a weekend hiking with my wife in a park nearby. She wass in great shape. She actually walked faster than my wife does. Once they came home, they had pleasant chat. She looked healthy and loud and happy. I can't believe my ears that she was diagnosed with cancer a few days later. She quitted her job the very next day. Her supervisor was in charge of her treatment. Her supervisor is a world class cancer doctor. But it is not enough to save her life. I walked pass her casket. She went from a full of life woman into a body laying in a box. She looks different. I don't know how her husband and her kids cope with it when they spent time with her looking like that. That was beyond shock. She has everything she asks for. She has a good husband and good kids and good job and good car and good this and good that. She left all that in 8 months, just like that. Life is unpredicatable, man. 

所有跟帖: 

Thanks for sharing such a thought-provoking and sad story. -康赛欧- 给 康赛欧 发送悄悄话 康赛欧 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 03/25/2024 postreply 10:31:22

Life is so fragile that it should be cherished. -康赛欧- 给 康赛欧 发送悄悄话 康赛欧 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 03/25/2024 postreply 10:31:57

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”