Music’s Fiercest Feuds and Beefs (V)

来源: 移花接木 2023-01-04 13:27:43 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3842 bytes)

From classic-rock squabbles to hip-hop diss tracks and social media wars, here are the ridiculous, rancorous conflicts that have held us rapt.

Rolling Stone     Jordan Runtagh

Creative differences, financial disputes, drug abuse, love triangles – in the music industry, the opportunities to butt heads are basically limitless. The bigger the star, the bigger the ego, and when two tangle, you get a supernova of spite and bile that holds the world in rapture, turning mature adults into spit-flecked children chanting “Fight, fight, fight!” in a circle at recess.

Pick a side, or simply spectate. No judgment.

Madonna vs. Elton John

The feud began in 2002, when Sir Elton slammed the Queen of Pop’s title song for the 007 film Die Another Day, declaring it “the worst Bond theme ever.” But that was mild compared to the verbal roundhouse kick he unleashed at England’s Q Awards in October 2004. While accepting a songwriting honor, he took offense to the fact that Madonna’s name was included in the “Best Live Act” nominations. “Madonna, Best Live Act? F*ck off. Since when has lip-syncing been live? Sorry about that, but I think everyone who lip-syncs on stage in public when you pay like 75 quid to see them should be shot. Thank you very much. That’s me off her Christmas card list, but do I give a toss? No.” He was partially right; the following year he sent her two Christmas cards and both were apparently returned.

His husband David Furnish also got in on the Madge bashing in 2012, after she beat John out for Best Original Song at the Golden Globes that January. “Madonna winning Best Original Song truly shows how these awards have nothing to do with merit,” he wrote in a private Facebook post that soon leaked.

He later deleted the message and apologized for his words, but Madonna seemed unbothered. “I hope [Elton] speaks to me for the next couple of years,” she said in the post-Globes press conference. “He’s known to get mad at me…He’ll win another award. I don’t feel bad.”

She may have felt bad after John royally unloaded during an interview on Australian television that August. “Why is she such a nightmare?” he wondered aloud of his nemesis, then on her MDNA tour. “Sorry, her career is over. Her tour has been a disaster and it couldn’t happen to a bigger cu*nt. If Madonna had any common sense, she would have made a record like Ray of Light,’ stayed away from the dance stuff and just been a great pop singer and made great pop records, which she does brilliantly. But no…” he trailed off before serving the piece de resistance: “And she looks like a f*cking fairground stripper.”

Then a chance meeting at the end of 2012 apparently brought the whole ugly affair to an end. “I was in a restaurant in the south of France and she walked in so I sent her a note saying, ‘You’ll probably never speak to me again but I am really sorry and ashamed of myself and can I buy you dinner,'” he recalled during an interview with Graham Norton. “She was very gracious and accepted and we talked. We are fine – it was just me and my big mouth.”

所有跟帖: 

什么是verbal roundhouse?圆形屋? -妖妖灵- 给 妖妖灵 发送悄悄话 妖妖灵 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/04/2023 postreply 15:00:01

胳膊轮圆了打出去一拳 -移花接木- 给 移花接木 发送悄悄话 移花接木 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/04/2023 postreply 15:08:08

学会了,哈哈,你翻译得太形象了:) -妖妖灵- 给 妖妖灵 发送悄悄话 妖妖灵 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/04/2023 postreply 15:26:32

Don’t try to separate roundhouse from kick, roundhouse kick -rockcurrent- 给 rockcurrent 发送悄悄话 rockcurrent 的博客首页 (22 bytes) () 01/04/2023 postreply 17:46:57

学习了:) -妖妖灵- 给 妖妖灵 发送悄悄话 妖妖灵 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/04/2023 postreply 21:00:33

unleashed 解除。。。的束缚。lip-syncing:对口型。bashing:痛打。 -妖妖灵- 给 妖妖灵 发送悄悄话 妖妖灵 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/04/2023 postreply 15:05:13

his husband, 我见过一个人也这么说过: my brother's husband -移花接木- 给 移花接木 发送悄悄话 移花接木 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/04/2023 postreply 15:09:34

这个见过 -妖妖灵- 给 妖妖灵 发送悄悄话 妖妖灵 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/04/2023 postreply 15:14:12

nemesis:克星。trail off:落后了。fairground:露天娱乐场。 -妖妖灵- 给 妖妖灵 发送悄悄话 妖妖灵 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/04/2023 postreply 15:13:13

麦当娜懂得杀人诛心 -移花接木- 给 移花接木 发送悄悄话 移花接木 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/05/2023 postreply 04:53:48

To generate controversies was/is to generate publicity. -renqiulan- 给 renqiulan 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 01/05/2023 postreply 08:23:39

我第一次知道这个男的, 没理解为什么麦当娜杀人诛心? -jianchi9090- 给 jianchi9090 发送悄悄话 jianchi9090 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/06/2023 postreply 16:03:01

Elton got many awards, why he got mad when other got award? -天边一片白云- 给 天边一片白云 发送悄悄话 天边一片白云 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/09/2023 postreply 11:53:10

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”