【家Home】A home away from home

来源: rockcurrent 2022-01-01 05:37:51 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (13569 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ rockcurrent ] 在 2022-01-02 05:06:09 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

A home away from home

?

(Sorry, please be careful with rotating your neck, some photos are not in proper orientation and it does not allow me to adjust them :) :)

To most of the travellers, a home away from home means a hotel, a cabin, a short-rented house or anything which provides you a temporary shelter. However, a home away from home means a travel trailer for me.

I like camping in summer time. At the very beginning, I was going camping by tenting. It was fun to sleep in a tent and breathe the fresh oxygen-rich forestry air. But, if it is a rainy day, then it would be a different story and it would be very appreciable if there would be a roof sheltering you and your family. It would be totally understandable that you can be jealous to people living in a trailer at a camping site while you are curling in a damp and cold tent.Thereafter, I always casted my eye on the neighbour’s trailer, wondering how it would feel if we could have a trailer at camping site. At the very beginning, it was almost impossible for us to have a trailer: it is expensive, needs a lot of care, related knowledge, and most importantly, it requires a towing vehicle. Please don’t argue with me that RV would also be an option.

With the above jealousy in my mind, I started to pay? some attention to trailer related issues, and I found that tent trailer would be the option: towable by an SUV and not extremely expensive and it is doable to first-time owner. Then there came our very first first tent trailer. Even now I still believe a tent trailer is a smart idea for camping: it is? towable with most of the vehicles as long as the vehicle has the tow hitch. As it is light and small, it could be parked at almost all types of camping site. Some people may have no idea about tent trailers, and here are some basic explanations: a tent trailer is a living space under a foldable roof, it has beds, table, cooking stove, sink, fridge, and heating furnace. The roof needs to be cranked up at the camping site and folded down during traveling.? It was very exciting to have our very tent trailer camping trip.

?

However, after several trips, we started to put our expectations a little higher. Setting or unsetting a tent trailer takes time; it is not convenient to access the packed stuff in the trailer as it is folded down; it does not have a shower or bathroom in a tent trailer. So my next goal would be light-weight hardside trailer with show and bathroom. Trailers usually weight from several thousand pounds to over ten thousand pounds. The bigger the trailer, the more the weight and requires a? vehicle with more powerful towing capacity. Trailers longer than 30 feet usually weigh over 6000 pounds and some can be over 10,000 pounds, and may require a truck for towing.Usually a medium to large SUV could tow 2500 to 5000 pounds. My vehicle can tow 7000 pounds at the most, so a trailer weighs under 4000 pounds would be ideal.

?

?

?

?

?

?

My first hardside trailer is a 22 feet long, fiberglass walled, with a queen size and a bunk beds. This trailer sheltered us in many beautiful places and provided us a brand new way to enjoy nature. We had a lot of good memories with this trailer. I felt guilty about selling it when we decided to move to another city.?

?

We could not live a summer life without a trailer and I bought a larger one which is 27 feet long, with three single beds, one full-size bed, powered jack and awning, and of course it weighs more and a little harder to tow for my previous vehicle. To make the towing less challenging, I updated my towing vehicle to a more powerful version with a diesel engine. We have had a lot of good moments and memories with the current trailer. Almost all the weekends, this trailer provided us with shelter no matter if it was rainy or sunny, hot or cool, windy or calm. Let the pictures talk.

?

?

?

?

?

?

?
?
?
?

At the end of this summer, I owned another new unit which has a slide-out. It is so spacious like a 2 bedroom apartment on wheels. Love it so much and will try it out in the coming 2022 summer days. My son was very demanding and he wants an RV instead of a trailer. Unfortunately I could not afford an RV.

?

After having this home away from home, it added countless moments which are impossible without it. Most importantly, we have more time to spend together with family members and close friends. These moments are worth the money and time I spent on these trailers, homes away from home. Friends, if you don’t have a trailer, please don’t hesitate to get it. You will never regret it.

?

?
?

?

?

?

?

?

所有跟帖: 

沙发! -妖妖灵- 给 妖妖灵 发送悄悄话 妖妖灵 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/01/2022 postreply 07:57:39

把图片rotate,在html页面下,在每个想旋转的img那句加上这个code: -妖妖灵- 给 妖妖灵 发送悄悄话 妖妖灵 的博客首页 (209 bytes) () 01/01/2022 postreply 08:00:17

赞豪华大片 -心存善念- 给 心存善念 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 01/01/2022 postreply 07:58:00

谢谢谢你喜欢,也等着你的豪华大贴 -rockcurrent- 给 rockcurrent 发送悄悄话 rockcurrent 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/02/2022 postreply 05:43:45

HappyNewYear! What a wonderful 2021 you have!All kinds of homes! -妖妖灵- 给 妖妖灵 发送悄悄话 妖妖灵 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/01/2022 postreply 08:10:53

It does sound like a perfect home away from home… -盈盈一笑间- 给 盈盈一笑间 发送悄悄话 盈盈一笑间 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/01/2022 postreply 09:09:20

赞,豪车,豪宅,! 图2太过分了,居然上下颠倒, -移花接木- 给 移花接木 发送悄悄话 移花接木 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/01/2022 postreply 10:05:04

哎,现在才知道手机拿反了!终于知道该怎么正过来! -rockcurrent- 给 rockcurrent 发送悄悄话 rockcurrent 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/02/2022 postreply 05:22:06

Trailer的里面和RV的是不是差不多啊? -妖妖灵- 给 妖妖灵 发送悄悄话 妖妖灵 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/01/2022 postreply 11:07:12

trailer比RV宽敞一些,但是 和class A的 coach RV没法比. ClassA的RV基本1$/公里 的油耗,而且 -rockcurrent- 给 rockcurrent 发送悄悄话 rockcurrent 的博客首页 (99 bytes) () 01/02/2022 postreply 05:30:53

英文真流畅,读着是享受。景色非常优美,尤其是那种梦莲湖,阳光正好照上,很有日照金山的感觉!太棒了! -沿途美景- 给 沿途美景 发送悄悄话 沿途美景 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/01/2022 postreply 13:36:49

美景去过梦莲湖,那是我的最爱。现在去marine lake困难啦,需要3:00am到,这张照片是3:00起床,再晚10分钟就没戏 -rockcurrent- 给 rockcurrent 发送悄悄话 rockcurrent 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/02/2022 postreply 05:38:05

RC 新年好!写得很棒!有Trailer 的 Camping 也许我也会enjoy, haha -甜虫虫- 给 甜虫虫 发送悄悄话 甜虫虫 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/01/2022 postreply 14:40:17

你们不camping吗?我们这里也有些朋友从来不camping. -rockcurrent- 给 rockcurrent 发送悄悄话 rockcurrent 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/02/2022 postreply 05:40:19

谢谢分享。很棒。节日快乐。 -chuntianle- 给 chuntianle 发送悄悄话 chuntianle 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/01/2022 postreply 16:28:08

谢谢音乐家看贴,看到楼上你的原创作品啦,非常棒 -rockcurrent- 给 rockcurrent 发送悄悄话 rockcurrent 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/02/2022 postreply 05:42:20

把你的图片都正过来了,你看看。 code见跟帖。 -妖妖灵- 给 妖妖灵 发送悄悄话 妖妖灵 的博客首页 (13468 bytes) () 01/01/2022 postreply 22:26:23

【code】 -妖妖灵- 给 妖妖灵 发送悄悄话 妖妖灵 的博客首页 (13520 bytes) () 01/01/2022 postreply 22:44:24

谢谢妖妖。昨天太累,早早的呼呼去了。晚上回来再发帖祝大家新年快乐. -rockcurrent- 给 rockcurrent 发送悄悄话 rockcurrent 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/02/2022 postreply 05:10:56

恭喜RC。首页进来,谢谢网管,家Home A home away from home推荐成功 -梅雨潭- 给 梅雨潭 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 01/02/2022 postreply 10:15:56

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”