Do you believe in Ghost?

来源: 心存善念 2021-11-19 20:50:14 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (4768 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 心存善念 ] 在 2021-11-19 21:05:38 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

写个小故事祝大家周末愉快!

When I was little, there were no fancy movie theaters with cushy chairs.  All we had was a announcement coming out of the big speakers that movies would be played that evening. By the way, those big speakers were meant to be used when airstrikes by enemy were imminent.

One mid summer afternoon, an announcement came, and made it better, the movie to be played that evening was Hua Pi (Painted Skin), a Hong Kong movie about a beautify ghost. In my age, I had totally no clue what ghost was about, don’t mention a beautiful one.  However, listening to the adults’ chat about the story made me feel so eager to watch it.  

The play hours and yummy dinner cooked by mom used to be the best things in my young life, but not that day.  I basically passed those hours like sitting in a boiling kettle.  When the time came, neither my older brother or sister could make it due to their exams the following day.  It did not stop me from going by myself.  It was only a mile away from my home, so not a big deal.  

The movie was outdoor in an open field, with a large crowd in front of a even larger white screen.  I picked a spot in the very front where the young kids normally hang out, and settle myself down.  I did not see any familiar young faces from my neighborhood, but the movie made all these less important. 

However, not too far into the movie, I felt a little regret in my stomach, since I  realized that the movie was not such a fun one, which mostly just this guy and a good looking woman who somehow gave me a not so good gut feeling.  Then my nightmare came to life when that pretty woman suddenly turned into a scary creature.  Her face was so ugly, which was so beautiful the moment before.  Even just peeking through the gaps of my fingers, I was still scared to death, don’t mention the screams from the people around me, which made my fear much more real, almost like solid in the air, dark, wet and chill.

Finally the movie was over, but my sense of relieve did not last longer than a minute, since I realized that I had to cover the mile back home by myself, which had some not so bright street lights amongst the tall dense summer trees.  I started in a normal pace, which soon sped up into a brisk walk.  Only made it worse that wherever I set my sight to I kind of alway saw the ugly face floating the the shadows. Finally the brisk fast paced walk turned into full speed dash.  

The moment I got back home by almost taking down the front door, I felt that all the way I was running so hard, I did not even remember if I took a single breath.  My brother asked me how the movie was, I did not answer, since the way he asked made me feel he knew what the movie was about and the aftermath on a kid in my age.  That night I insisted to stay in my parents’ bed.

所有跟帖: 

Hahaha l最后一句收尾很传神! -何仙姑- 给 何仙姑 发送悄悄话 何仙姑 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/19/2021 postreply 21:01:02

谢仙姑关怀弱势群体 - not easy to be a kid :)) -心存善念- 给 心存善念 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 11/19/2021 postreply 21:07:57

英文表达也太流畅了。哈哈,现在还怕鬼吗?:) -妖妖灵- 给 妖妖灵 发送悄悄话 妖妖灵 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/19/2021 postreply 21:24:56

敬鬼神而远之 :-) -心存善念- 给 心存善念 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 11/20/2021 postreply 03:16:00

Good writing! So cool so cool! I believe ghost! -疏影笑寒- 给 疏影笑寒 发送悄悄话 疏影笑寒 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/20/2021 postreply 03:53:44

haha, 疏影早晨好 -心存善念- 给 心存善念 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 11/20/2021 postreply 06:34:00

恭喜善念。首页进来,谢谢网管,Do you believe in Ghost? 推荐成功 -beautifulwind- 给 beautifulwind 发送悄悄话 beautifulwind 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/21/2021 postreply 14:46:57

谢班长推荐! -心存善念- 给 心存善念 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 11/22/2021 postreply 09:09:32

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”