【笑闹美坛】“有钱花”, 最喜欢的花儿

来源: 花儿解语2021 2021-04-07 04:03:05 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2511 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 花儿解语2021 ] 在 2021-04-17 12:07:36 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

种花的大婶最喜欢”有钱花“了! 不过,也就有胆在坛子里嚷嚷,没心爬城头 :-)

做回标题党,今天带着草草来热闹!

Believe it or not, grasses are more expensive than flowers in recent years.   That's why I love flowers more than grasses.  When my Chinese friends asked me to name a favorite flower in the past, I always answered, “有钱花!”

There are so many species and varieties of ornamental grasses available in the market.  And each year, more cultivars are being introduced to nurseries and garden centers.  They are now almost everywhere, in gardens, in parks, and in any type of landscaping.  Their distinct beauty not only creates a mobile atmosphere  but also makes a great complement to flowers and plants around.

Gardeners love ornamental grasses for many reasons.  Most of the perennial ornamental grasses are tough and require low or little maintenance.  They are drought tolerant. They are disease resistant.  Most importantly to me, they can be propagated by seeds or root divisions and I get more plants for free!

I am not particularly enthusiastic about ornamental grasses, but I love to have them in my garden just to add calm and cozy touches.   Here are some of my favorite grasses from my garden.  The photos in the collage attached below were all taken last August.

Top left is Blue Fescue蓝羊茅 .   There are 6 plants of it right now, all about the same size as shown in the picture.  They all came from the division of a 10’pot of Blue Fescue which I bought a few years ago.  The little darling is a gem that adds tender accent to my garden with its silver blue color.

Top right is Wild Oats 小盼草.   How cute its Chinese name is.   Florists love it.  I remember watching a video of one of Hisaishi’s concerts.  At the end of the concert, director Miyazaki saluted him with a huge bouquet in which Wild Oats caught my eyes.  This is a must-have that one may want to put in his or her garden.  A lot of times, I found myself lost in mesmerizing its beauty in different seasons.

Bottom left is Zebra Grass.  Bottom right is Fountain Grass with the happy auntie farmer.  

Thanks for your visit!

所有跟帖: 

最美花农 -移花接木- 给 移花接木 发送悄悄话 移花接木 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/07/2021 postreply 04:52:16

花美人精神! -唐古- 给 唐古 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 04/07/2021 postreply 05:53:09

Thanks for sharing, 花仙子。请问你在zone 几? -天边一片白云- 给 天边一片白云 发送悄悄话 天边一片白云 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/07/2021 postreply 06:27:11

花儿和花一样美丽!有钱草!小盼草好像见过!这几天和花花们学了太多知识啦!:) -beautifulwind- 给 beautifulwind 发送悄悄话 beautifulwind 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/07/2021 postreply 08:37:36

谢谢移花,唐古,白云和美风,你们太会夸人了!心里美美哒!白云,我在zone 5. -花儿解语2021- 给 花儿解语2021 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 04/07/2021 postreply 13:36:58

花儿, -beautifulwind- 给 beautifulwind 发送悄悄话 beautifulwind 的博客首页 (44 bytes) () 04/08/2021 postreply 07:34:05

谢谢美班,请查QQH! -花儿解语2021- 给 花儿解语2021 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 04/08/2021 postreply 13:30:18

我是花见愁, 种什么死什么。 太羡慕绿手指了, 还是美美的养花人! -树的花花世界- 给 树的花花世界 发送悄悄话 树的花花世界 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/09/2021 postreply 20:24:46

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!