【HobbyShow】--Travelling --My furthest steps in Canada

来源: woodwishper 2021-02-07 16:09:04 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (7101 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ woodwishper ] 在 2021-02-07 19:23:32 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

One of my dreams is to set my footprints all over the beautiful landscapes in Canada, including the famous Eastern trails.

Comparing to Americans, Canadians are nicer, and among Canadians, Saskatchewan people are nicer in mainland continent. However, People in Newfoundland are the nicest in Canada.

Victoria island is famous for its beauty both in terms of weather, landscape and producers in Canada. But, lots of visitors and travelers neglect or have no chance to know an even better island in Canada.

Amost all Canadians have travelled on Trans-Canada Highway, the principal hightway of Canada and the world's longest national road, also known as the #1 highway. Unfortunately, many Canadians could not tell where it starts and where it ends.

Fascinated by the answer? The answer is a big piece of rock in the Atlantic Ocean,  and in further detail, Newfoundland and a city called St. John's  St. John's is the capital of province Newfoundland, in full name Newfoundland & Labrador, and the oldest city in Canada, existing on maps as early as 1519.  St. John's sits on the easternmost coast of Canada, along the Atlantic Ocean, and it is where Trans-Canada highway starts.

I traveled to St John's in the end of June of 2019 with my family, hoping to watch whales and icebergs, to taste the cord fish, salmons, lobsters, and snow crabs, as well as to enjoy the costal line of the Atlantic Ocean. I could obviously taste the flavors of salmons and snow crabs are much fresher, tenderer and juicier than that from the Pacific Ocean.  

Eastern trails

Eastern trails are on the cliffs of coastal line. Walking on the trail, you could sometime find hikers with tent packed on their shoulders. These hikers walked several days or weeks on the trail. But there are no official camping sites along the trail. The good things are there are many good places suitable for camping and tenting, so hikers could camp along the trail anywhere at night, which was very attractive to our inland hikers.

Following are some photos of Eastern trail near St. John's

Seeking of whales and icebergs

Next day, starting from the real start point of Tran-Canada highway, we drove west to Trinity, Bonavista, Terra Nova National Park, Cape Freels, Musgrave Harbour, then Twillingate, in order to seek whales and icebergs. We did see whales but did not find decent size of icebergs, only small ones because the best time for watching iceberg is from April to May. In the end of June or early July, most of the icebergs melted and collapsed. However, we found the most delicious lobsters and snow crabs at Twillingate. We bought some and brought home. Amazingly, these things survived for almost one week by just staying in a damp wrapping.

We missed Fogo Island because of foggy weather. There is another place called Gros Morne National Park worthy of visit, but we don't have enough time to drive there. It would be my destination for my next visit to St. John's. From Twillingate, we drove to a small town called Gander. Gander is a small town with only about 11 thousand population. It is worthy to mention that on the day of 911, many flights from New York and nearby cites were diverted to Gander. Thousands of passengers were hosted by the residents of Gander for days before they could fly home safely. And then, one piece of steel from the world trade center was gifted and kept in the Aviation Museum of Gander for memorizing of the hospitality of the people here.

St. John's and Newfoundland is always a vivid magnificent place in my memory. I love you in the deep of my heart, and my love lives there forever.

The route we followed:

Tinity trail

Above is the lobster fishing boat we bought lobster

The Following is the vedio of whale watching:

更多我的博客文章>>>

所有跟帖: 

花花看过来. -woodwishper- 给 woodwishper 发送悄悄话 woodwishper 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 02/07/2021 postreply 16:10:40

beautiful coastline reminds me the trip to the maritimes! THX! -树的花花世界- 给 树的花花世界 发送悄悄话 树的花花世界 的博客首页 (435 bytes) () 02/07/2021 postreply 16:29:15

4-5月是看冰山的季节. 看游记和亲临其境是完全不一样的, 建议你有机会亲自出马看看. -woodwishper- 给 woodwishper 发送悄悄话 woodwishper 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 02/07/2021 postreply 16:36:49

嗯嗯,看了你的游记,更让我心心念念想走一遭了。 -树的花花世界- 给 树的花花世界 发送悄悄话 树的花花世界 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 02/07/2021 postreply 16:40:34

惊叹大自然之美丽! -唐古- 给 唐古 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 02/07/2021 postreply 16:40:28

沿途美景 -移花接木- 给 移花接木 发送悄悄话 移花接木 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 02/07/2021 postreply 17:08:42

音乐一出,配着人间仙境,你的文字,心立刻融化,觉得是世外桃源呢,美国的1号highway在西海岸呢。 -beautifulwind- 给 beautifulwind 发送悄悄话 beautifulwind 的博客首页 (215 bytes) () 02/07/2021 postreply 17:14:21

东岸海洋省份的山川海岸真的是非常美!我走过Cabot trail, 世外桃源 :) -xiaosai- 给 xiaosai 发送悄悄话 xiaosai 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 02/07/2021 postreply 17:35:04

哈哈, 同一条道上的朋友, 有缘! -woodwishper- 给 woodwishper 发送悄悄话 woodwishper 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 02/07/2021 postreply 18:26:26

Next destination is locked! Thanks for introducing amazing trail -Okra- 给 Okra 发送悄悄话 Okra 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 02/08/2021 postreply 07:13:35

St. John’s 应该给我发一笔广告费。谢谢 -woodwishper- 给 woodwishper 发送悄悄话 woodwishper 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 02/08/2021 postreply 08:32:48

Newfoundland北边有个世界遗产保护旧址,是Vikings 欧洲人首次发现北美大陆的地方 -日月茗- 给 日月茗 发送悄悄话 (390 bytes) () 02/08/2021 postreply 12:14:14

Incredible travel photos -just_4_fun- 给 just_4_fun 发送悄悄话 just_4_fun 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 02/08/2021 postreply 12:49:03

痒痒了,想亲自去看看。谢木分享。 -忒忒绿- 给 忒忒绿 发送悄悄话 忒忒绿 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 02/08/2021 postreply 13:35:00

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!