5个英文吐槽金句 | 如何用英文表达不满

来源: xiaoruo 2020-10-10 11:53:05 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (4242 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ xiaoruo ] 在 2020-10-10 11:55:58 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

5个英文吐槽金句 | 如何用英文表达不满

1. She really thinks she's something.

This is more of a mean tone, it has negative connotation.我们这样说是 表达否定意思 – 她认为她了不起。隐含的意思 “算什么,算老几?”

Example -

• How do you like your supervisor?
  • Pretty pretentious. (自以为是的) He really thinks he is something. 自命不凡(自以为是), 他真认为他是谁。
  • Yeah, he certainly seems to have a high opinion of himself. 是的,他对自己有很高的评价。

1.  Serve sb. right

If we say something bad serves someone right, we mean that the person deserves it.(某人)罪有应得,(某人)活该;   注意主语通常是不好的事情;

• I'm not surprised you got fired, with the way you talked to your boss, it serves you right! 我不奇怪你被炒,你那样跟老板说话,活该!

• My girlfriend broke up with me after she found out I had been cheating on her. Serves me right, I suppose.

1.  – not put it past

not put it past sb. (to do sth.) - not be surprised if sb. does sth. bad; 不奇怪(某人)会(做坏事); 相信… 做得出来 (坏事)

• Bill borrowed some money from me this morning.
  • Make sure you remind him to pay you back.  I wouldn’t put it past him to forget. 确保提醒他还钱。他很可能忘记。

• Perhaps Emma told him - I wouldn't put it past her. 可能是Emma告诉他的——我相信她做得出来。

1. rub sb. (up) the wrong way – to annoy someone without intending to

(无意间)触犯(某人),惹恼(某人)

• As soon as they met they started to rub each other up the wrong way. 他们刚一见面就惹得彼此很不高兴。

• The way she smiles all the time really rubs me up the wrong way. It seems so fake.

1. a pain in the neck (ass) - someone or something that is very annoying,

(俚语) 极其讨厌的人(或事物)

• He is a snob, a real pain in the neck .NO one in the office likes to work with him. 他是个势利小人,特烦人。办公室里没人喜欢和他一起工作。
  • This work is a pain in the neck. It's not hard, it's just so tedious! 这项工作真烦人。不难,就是特乏味!

更多我的博客文章>>>

所有跟帖: 

你好棒!!! -妖灵后- 给 妖灵后 发送悄悄话 妖灵后 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/10/2020 postreply 13:04:05

学习了:“It serves you right.” 好玩,这个表达真有意思。“rub sb. the wrong way”冒犯 -妖灵后- 给 妖灵后 发送悄悄话 妖灵后 的博客首页 (92 bytes) () 10/10/2020 postreply 13:10:31

谢谢辛苦的网管支持!周末也工作! -妖灵后- 给 妖灵后 发送悄悄话 妖灵后 的博客首页 (50 bytes) () 10/10/2020 postreply 14:28:46

第一句要命的 -想不开1- 给 想不开1 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 10/10/2020 postreply 20:08:06

基本上没用过这些词,谢谢幺零后介绍我来学习。真的学到了 -一荷- 给 一荷 发送悄悄话 一荷 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/10/2020 postreply 21:35:20

热烈欢迎一荷学霸歌星来美坛玩,也等着你发美语文章和英文歌!xiaoruo的看美剧学英语,景儿的俚语都非常棒,强烈推荐! -妖灵后- 给 妖灵后 发送悄悄话 妖灵后 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/10/2020 postreply 21:43:09

好好,谢谢幺零后热情介绍。希望在这里让自己的英语提高一个水平 -一荷- 给 一荷 发送悄悄话 一荷 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/11/2020 postreply 23:08:58

嗯,会的,学就比不学强:) -妖灵后- 给 妖灵后 发送悄悄话 妖灵后 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/12/2020 postreply 06:50:28

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”