A Letter from A Funeral Home 倒霉,收到殡仪馆来信,很多事都不顺。

来源: 小贝壳weed 2016-08-30 09:13:44 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (4016 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 小贝壳weed ] 在 2016-08-30 09:27:48 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

A Letter from A Funeral Home

Printable View

• 2016-05-22, 02:12
    xiaoman
    A Letter from A Funeral Home
    I have been expecting the arrival of a package from Vietnam---the copies of my newly printed book. My editor told me that I should have received it two weeks ago from today's date. However, today, instead of receiving my package delivery notice, I received a letter from a local funeral home. It said that they had learned on July 1, 2016 the GST rate will increase from 13% to 15% in the province where I live in and the taxes payable on funerals will rise with it.

I know that living in Canada you have to pay taxes for many things, but I have never known that I have to pay taxes when I die.

Anyway, the letter advises me to think about planning my funeral, the benefits they offer, and how I might avoid a tax increase. They ask me to contact their knowledgeable staff who are available to answer my questions at no cost and with no obligation.

I have never thought of dying young, but now, after reading this letter, I understand more about life: life is short and death is sure. I may die at any time, who knows? So I guess that to avoid the stressful situation my family will face when the time comes, now I have to work harder to make more money, but the more I work the more I pay taxes...oh, life is not easy.
  • 2016-05-22, 06:55
    escorial
    the saying...nothing is certain as death and taxes is apt here...enjoyed but not in a funny way
  • 2016-05-22, 20:39
    SomethingWitty
    I would've called the knowledgable staff. Then, I would've asked them where the hell my copies from Vietnam are. You know, just to see if they really are available to answer my questions.

Well written and thought inspiring, by the way!
  • 2016-08-21, 12:34
    albertjacc
    I personally did not understand if if was a story or you just told us this.If it was a story,it was kind of a monologue if i'm not wrong.Well written,i enjoyed reading you mini-short-story-monologue
  • 2016-08-27, 01:53
    xiaoman
    Thank you all! Yes, it is not a story, it happened to me in real life. I would say that was Murphy's law occurred to me once again. However, I finally received my book in July and started to pay 2% more GST at the same month.

Most of the time when I desperately want something good to happen, bad things always happen instead of good things. Life has been tough for me lately. More writings are coming...

所有跟帖: 

人生不得意,个子不高处处碰壁。 -小贝壳weed- 给 小贝壳weed 发送悄悄话 小贝壳weed 的博客首页 (95 bytes) () 08/30/2016 postreply 13:13:05

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”