今日英语学习:读一小段 1/13/2016 CNN 艾琳 - 床铺电话谈访。

来源: 井龙和 2016-01-17 07:29:28 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3472 bytes)

And OUTFRONT tonight, the Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump. 

And Mr. Trump, thanks so much for being with me. You heard what Governor Haley had to say. She said, you were one of the, quote, "angriest voices." When you hear that, that she's saying you're angry, what is your reaction? 

DONALD TRUMP (R), PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE (on the phone): 
Well, I think she's right, I am angry. I'm angry and a lot of other people are angry, too, at how incompetently our country is being run. I am extremely angry and upset about it. I think it's ridiculous. And, you know, believe it or not, it's make America great again, it's really mine is a campaign of hope and future.

But when you look at this Iran deal, where we're giving $150 billion, we get nothing. We don't even get our prisoners back, and then you see the way they treat us, with guns pointed at these young sailors' heads. And they only let them go, by the way, Erin, just so you understand, to get the $100 billion that's due over the next week. Otherwise, they would have -- you would have never gotten them back, unless I was president, by the way.

So I mean, yes, I'm -- I'm angry, to use the term. I'm angry at the way the country is being run. And by the way, it's -- by the results that we have. We don't have victories anymore. 

BURNETT:

So are you comfortable with what she said? I mean, you know, you heard her. She said resist the temptation of listening to the angry voices. She said, talking about immigration, no one who has worked hard should feel unwelcome in this country. And she said, she is referring specifically to you. She has denounced your temporary ban on Muslims that you've proposed.

TRUMP: Well, that's right, she's referring to me and other people, she said. But I don't care, let her refer to me. That's fine. As far as I am concerned, anger is OK. Anger and energy is what this country needs. And I won't be angry for long. If I become president, we're going to start having great victories and we're going to beat China in trade and we're going to beat other countries in trade and lots. And we're going to have borders. 

And we're going to have good health care, not ObamaCare, which is going up 25, 35 and 45 percent. And people can't afford it. We're going to do -- we're going to do some great things and the anger will totally subsist and it will be gone very quickly. As far as Nikki Haley is concerned, I like her. She comes to my office asking me for campaign contributions before I was a candidate.

BURNETT: Yes.

TRUMP: And -- and very substantial contributions. She was very aggressive, I will tell you that. But I like her. She's a very nice woman. But she's very weak on the subject of illegal immigration. And, you know, that's not something that I care for, in terms of somebody's attitude. She's very, very weak on illegal immigration. And that's no good with me.

所有跟帖: 

Thanks for your fluent news report. -紫君- 给 紫君 发送悄悄话 紫君 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/17/2016 postreply 15:19:29

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”