Craving for the Spicy

来源: Flyingstraw 2015-09-19 18:18:32 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3908 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ Flyingstraw ] 在 2016-05-24 12:30:10 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

Craving for the Spicy

My appetency for the spicy Sichuan cuisine is rooted in my childhood, cultivated through being fed on those reddish meals. It went into my blood and seizes me whenever my eyes set on those crimson dishes, which recall my memory of those sensational, savory and delicious foods.

It does not matter how the food is prepared: stewed, light-fried, steamed, poached, roasted, grilled or simply mixed, it strikes me with its scarlet or sometimes raspberry colors, attracts me with its strong savory flavor. It is a food for exaggeration. What a spectacular look: serving half bowl of fish with a half bowl of red chili. It is a food for sensation. Watching the scene: eating a hot pot under the hot summer sun; it is a food of the extraordinary. See: how the eaters distinguish themselves with their speed of words and action; it is also a food for the intellectual nourishment, a food for thoughts. Read: how many literary men and thinkers are associated with it.

My experience with the spicy food does not fully illustrate its power still as it really does not need a long time to turn you into its lover. Simply put the spicy Sichuan food into your mouth.

The oral sensation starts when your lips touch the reddish food that usually mixes the sweet, sour, salty, bitter tastes in a spicy passion. As soon as the crimson, scarlet or sometimes cherry looking food is in your mouth, your thrilling journey starts. The food is not simply crushed by your teeth, melted by your mouth; rather, it pouches your oral interior, burns in your oral cavity, challenges your taste buds, speeds up your breath, and finally you have to open your mouth and quickly to blow that hot taste out with a “ha, ha, ha.”

After it travels down into your body,  it puts tears in your eyes and boils you up to sweat. It wakes up all your senses in a grip, an embrace, a breathless kiss. In dizziness, you are carried up to the top, reaches the peak. Then, you are a captive that can never escape, looking forward to that corporal gratification and fulfillment, that sense of burning, the most sensational moment of satisfaction again and again.

Your sensational journey does not stop at the corporal level, it winds up to the spiritual and intellectual. The spicy food sooths your craving for adventure, and gratifies your expectation for surprise and transcends you from the worldly. The oral experience of sensation, that hot, hotter and hottest taste fulfills your craving for the impossible, the imaginable and unpredictable.

Then, you will never be happy with the ordinary, the plain, the undistinguishable. You are waiting for that pretty wild encounter to take you and swallow you. You are the addicted and obsessed lover, the crazy of the craziest. Stimulated, or inspired, you are constantly looking for the thorny arms of love and marching on with scars all above.

It is all the reimbursement of being in love with the spicy Sichuan food, finally, you may end up in poetry or asylum. That is told by the stories of those great poets who left their names and the stories of those who did not pass their names down.  

所有跟帖: 

half bowel of fish with a half bowel of ... --> bowl -肖庄- 给 肖庄 发送悄悄话 肖庄 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 09/19/2015 postreply 21:23:00

TKS. Corrected. HUG. -Flyingstraw- 给 Flyingstraw 发送悄悄话 Flyingstraw 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 09/20/2015 postreply 04:14:45

Very good description, thanks for sharing:) -南山松- 给 南山松 发送悄悄话 南山松 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 09/20/2015 postreply 07:45:42

TKS ! Have a good week. -Flyingstraw- 给 Flyingstraw 发送悄悄话 Flyingstraw 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 09/20/2015 postreply 20:30:06

love the essay. It's as good as 四川辣子鸡 -youdecide- 给 youdecide 发送悄悄话 youdecide 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 09/20/2015 postreply 19:42:59

TKS ! Happy Weekday! -Flyingstraw- 给 Flyingstraw 发送悄悄话 Flyingstraw 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 09/20/2015 postreply 20:31:38

well structured story line and implications; however, you can ob -TJKCB- 给 TJKCB 发送悄悄话 TJKCB 的博客首页 (229 bytes) () 10/01/2015 postreply 11:17:29

Tks for your comment, appreciate ! I will read and see... -Flyingstraw- 给 Flyingstraw 发送悄悄话 Flyingstraw 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/04/2015 postreply 19:14:36

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”