I had a most beautiful day with a borrowed daughter.

来源: 北京二号 2015-05-10 10:15:01 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1259 bytes)
My friend's young daughter was so drawn to the treasures in my vanity table yesterday while visiting me. So I did a brief overview on the basics of makeover for her. Together we went over the hair curler and rollers, the makeup mirror, the facial primer, foundation, blush, eye liner, etc. I even showed her the effects of using an eyelash curler and applying mascara by using them on one of my eyes. And the discussion ended with her teaching me how to do a long lasting manicure.

I usually don't put on makeup more than a couple of times a year in recent years. But back more than twenty years, when my curiosity was first turned to cosmetics, I was just as eager as the little girl to know more and try everything on my face. I still remember how the boys were scared by my awfully (made-up) large eyes at dancing parties when I looked up at them. It was so much fun then.

And it is more fun now going it over with a lovely girl who shares the same passion. I had been always content with having only a boy, since my son is very close to me. I never knew that having a daughter would mean such joy of a different kind. Besides the good time she brought me, my friend's little girl also widened my horizon.

所有跟帖: 

You surely did. How nice. -紫君- 给 紫君 发送悄悄话 紫君 的博客首页 (362 bytes) () 05/11/2015 postreply 07:55:19

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”