周末一笑:The Composition Class

来源: 南山松 2014-10-04 04:49:07 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (6218 bytes)
1 作文课The Composition Class

The students in the composition class were assigned the task of writing an essay on "The Most Beautiful Thing I Ever Saw". The student who,of all the members of the class,seemed the least sensitive to beauty, handed in his paper first with astonishing speed. It was short and to the point. He had written: "The most beautiful thing I ever saw was too beautiful for words.”

2 我是个单身汉I'm a bachelor
Jack fell off his bicycle and got hurt. A beautiful young nurse asked him to fill forms. Jack finished them and gave them back.
"Anything else?" The nurse asked. "Yes," Jack thinks for a while and said "I'm a bachelor."

3 父亲的亲笔签名Father's John Hancock
Teacher: Tom, you haven't shown your parents the examine papers, have you?
Tom:Yes, I have,sir.
Teacher: But I can't find your father's John Hancock on papers at all.
Tom: Here, sir. (Showing his whipped arms to the teacher.)

4 倔强的马A Stubborn Horse
The great novelist had gone mad, but now there seemed to be some hope for his recovery. For six months, he had been sitting at his typewriter pounding out a novel. Finally, he pronounced it completed and brought the book to his psychiatrist, who eagerly began reading it aloud:
"General Jackson leaped upon his faithful horse and yelled, 'Giddyap, giddyap, giddyap, giddyap"' The doctor thumbed through the rest of the manuscript." There's nothing here but 500 pages of giddyaps!" he exclaimed.
"Stubborn horse," explained the writer.

5 小小的意外A Small Surprise
When his wife was expecting their third child, a father decided to tell his two sons, ages seven and nine, the facts of life. He checked out several books from the library on how parents should approach the subject. After stumbling through an explanation, he took a deep breath, and said, "Now, boys, do you have any questions?"
"Yes," the younger boy answered immediately.
"Go ahead," said the man, his heart in his throat.
"Can we," his son asked, "have new baseball gloves?"

6 电话交谈A Talk on the Phone
I teach computer courses, and my students often call me at home with questions. One morning I was on the phone, explaining in computer language the solution to a problem, while a repairman was fixing my refrigerator. After an endless stream of "C colon, back- slash, greater than, cd, backslash, DOS, 0 colon" and so on, I hung up and found the repairman staring at me. "Lady," he asked, are you a spy?"
(from Internet)

所有跟帖: 

"The most beautiful thing I ever saw was too beautiful ...”LOL. -紫君- 给 紫君 发送悄悄话 紫君 的博客首页 (340 bytes) () 10/04/2014 postreply 05:09:10

问好紫君! I am glad you like it:) Have a nice weekend:) -南山松- 给 南山松 发送悄悄话 南山松 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/04/2014 postreply 13:29:45

Thank you for cracking me up in this Saturday morning -MoonRiverMe- 给 MoonRiverMe 发送悄悄话 (142 bytes) () 10/04/2014 postreply 07:26:13

第五个比较含蓄,确实不容易弄懂。把它的中文翻译放在这里。 -南山松- 给 南山松 发送悄悄话 南山松 的博客首页 (507 bytes) () 10/04/2014 postreply 13:32:17

懒人的巧办法:)问好小曼,周末快乐! -南山松- 给 南山松 发送悄悄话 南山松 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/04/2014 postreply 13:33:49

嗯,他一定想碰碰运气:) -南山松- 给 南山松 发送悄悄话 南山松 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/04/2014 postreply 13:34:56

Poor little Tom! Hope he recover soon...thanks songsong ^_^ -京燕花园- 给 京燕花园 发送悄悄话 京燕花园 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/04/2014 postreply 11:17:43

燕子好心软善良:)燕子,周末快乐! -南山松- 给 南山松 发送悄悄话 南山松 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/04/2014 postreply 13:35:59

#5. Smart boy! -冲浪潜水员- 给 冲浪潜水员 发送悄悄话 冲浪潜水员 的博客首页 (88 bytes) () 10/04/2014 postreply 19:37:01

哈哈,冲潜,你一定非常理解做爸爸的心情:)新周快乐! -南山松- 给 南山松 发送悄悄话 南山松 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/05/2014 postreply 12:33:03

Well, I'm just guessing. -冲浪潜水员- 给 冲浪潜水员 发送悄悄话 冲浪潜水员 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/06/2014 postreply 22:15:04

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”