Lynn

来源: 不会起名 2014-09-01 20:48:45 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3213 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 不会起名 ] 在 2014-09-03 08:08:55 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
Lynn and I were classmates back in graduate school. She was quiet and reserved. Though she was young she was not as florid as many others of her age. Almost everyday after class, she would run to the library and engross herself in her study while most of us would slouch at dilatory pace on campus, chatting the hours away. Or at least that was what I thought she was doing. One day my curiosity about Lynn was so high that I wanted to find out what she was studying. I went to the library and saw her sitting on a settee. I quickly walked by her, pretending not seeing her. However a dozing woman was imaged in the corner of my eye. Of course I did not expect that because it was in the morning. I turned back and in reversing my path saw drool on her mouth. Apparently she was not feigning sleep. Suddenly my allergies let me down and I started to sneeze uncontrollably. She woke up with a shock and yawned, wiping the drool languishly. When she saw me she laughed moderately: "haha, you, sorry". In fact, that was the first time I heard her laugh. I then sat down on the divan beside her and we started a conversation. She revealed that she had a full-time job, worked night shift, and therefore she often took a nap after class. "Can you work part time or be a TA in the department?" "That wouldn't be enough." It turned out that she got married right after high school and had a son when she was an undergradute. She and her husband divorced after two years of marriage and now she was raising her son alone.

Gradually Lynn and I became friends. Probably because of my sympathy with her divorce whenever I saw an opportunity to be with her alone, I would take it. I also tried to ingratiate myself with her in every possible way that a poor student could find. After we became closer, I always kept an umbrella in my office. On a rainy day I would hold the umbrella for her when we would walk together to the library or to her car. On one occasion by the time we walked to her car the rain had stopped. Pointing to her shining car, she said "happy day, my car is glazed with rain water", her eyes glistening lovingly. The following day we found ourselves alone in an elevator greeting each other, by smiling, as usual. Before a word was uttered from either of us, she reached her hands out to my shirt and fastened a button. I was greatly moved by her act, feeling an incredulous elation. The reciprocal love that I had waited for was corroborated and it intoxicated me. Instinctively I grabbed her hands, though clumsily and shyly. Again we both looked at each other and demurely smiled. "Let's go to the class", she pulled me back to reality. During the entire class I was playing the elevator scene in my head again and over again, my mind like water surface, rippled and corrugated by her love. It could be imagined that I was ignorant of what the professor was teaching in that hour.

看到珈玥想到我我欣喜若狂。没写完就赶快来向珈玥问声好。珈玥,谢谢你还想起我:)祝好。我每天都搞得很忙,you take care.

所有跟帖: 

Interesting vocabulary! -冲浪潜水员- 给 冲浪潜水员 发送悄悄话 冲浪潜水员 的博客首页 (36 bytes) () 09/01/2014 postreply 21:02:56

oops, 是一个人。谢谢。 -不会起名- 给 不会起名 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 09/01/2014 postreply 21:09:45

不会起名,真高兴见你回美语坛了。你这篇校园小说写的自然流畅精彩有趣。 -珈玥- 给 珈玥 发送悄悄话 珈玥 的博客首页 (232 bytes) () 09/01/2014 postreply 22:22:09

珈玥, thank you. 有时间我会接着写:)talk to you later:) -不会起名- 给 不会起名 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 09/01/2014 postreply 22:37:23

写得非常棒。祝福你的朋友! -~叶子~- 给 ~叶子~ 发送悄悄话 ~叶子~ 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 09/02/2014 postreply 16:42:23

谢谢鼓励。好多年前的事。 -不会起名- 给 不会起名 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 09/03/2014 postreply 08:24:37

原来是你的经历呀,我刚读到你新添加的一段,写的非常的细腻,栩栩如生。 -珈玥- 给 珈玥 发送悄悄话 珈玥 的博客首页 (416 bytes) () 09/03/2014 postreply 10:08:28

珈玥,谢谢你:)很喜欢这首歌。我老了,开始怀旧:) -不会起名- 给 不会起名 发送悄悄话 (87 bytes) () 09/03/2014 postreply 11:01:26

追忆逝水流年,LOL..., 每个人总有老去的一天,而文字不会老去。 -珈玥- 给 珈玥 发送悄悄话 珈玥 的博客首页 (157 bytes) () 09/03/2014 postreply 19:51:47

说得好,我在等新的故事:) -不会起名- 给 不会起名 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 09/04/2014 postreply 13:18:05

动人的故事,写得真好! -南山松- 给 南山松 发送悄悄话 南山松 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 09/03/2014 postreply 18:44:54

谢谢:) -不会起名- 给 不会起名 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 09/04/2014 postreply 13:18:44

Emotional. Nice story. -dandelion1- 给 dandelion1 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 09/04/2014 postreply 08:32:46

Thanks. I was in tears while writing it. -不会起名- 给 不会起名 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 09/04/2014 postreply 13:22:29

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”