周末一笑:Loss

来源: 南山松 2014-07-12 07:45:24 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (7525 bytes)
1 Loss损失
A lawyer's dog, running about unleashed, beelines for a butcher shop and steals a roast.
Butcher goes to lawyer's office and asks, "If a dog running unleashed steals a piece of meat from my store, do I have a right to demand payment for the meat from the dog's owner?"
The lawyer answers, "Absolutely." "Then you owe me $8.50. Your dog was loose and stole a roast from me today." The lawyer, without a word, writes the butcher a check for $8.50. Several days later, the butcher opens the mail and finds an envelope from the lawyer: $250 due for a consultation.

2 The Choice of Word选词
One day, John was back home after work. He found that his wife was shaking their daughter who was only half a year old. She said Da-Dy to the baby many times. John felt very happy because he thought his wife chose the word daddy to teach their baby.
During one night several weeks later, John and his wife were waken up by the cry Daddy. His wife said to him, Darling, she is calling you. Then she turned to sleep.

3 I know the whole truth整件事我都知道了
At school, Little Johnny was told by a classmate that most adults hide at least one dark secret and this makes it very easy to blackmail them merely by saying, "I know the whole truth."
So Little Johnny decides to try it out. When he arrives home from school that day, he says to his mother, "I know the whole truth." His mother looks shocked, quickly finds $20, and gives it to him, saying, and “Just don't tell your father."
Quite pleased, Little Johnny waits for his father to get home from work, and greets him with, "I know the whole truth." His father looks shocked, quickly finds $40, and gives it to him, saying, "Just don't tell your mother."
The next morning, Little Johnny is on his way to school when he sees the mailman at his front door. The boy decides to try again. "I know the whole truth."
The mailman drops his mailbag, throws opens his arms, and says, "Then come give your real daddy a nice big hug!"

4 College dormitory rules罚款
On the first day of college, the dean addressed the students, pointing out some of the rules:
  “The female dormitory will be out-of-bounds for all male students, and the male dormitory to the female students. Anybody caught breaking this rule will be fined $20 the first time. Anybody caught breaking this rule the second time will be fined $60. Being caught a third time will cost you $180. Are there any questions?”
One student raised his hand and asked, How much for a season pass?

5 Thank you for the doctor感谢医生
Doctor: Please open your mouth, madam.
Lady: Thank you very much, doctor.
Doctor: Why do you thank me?
Lady: Because my husband always asked me to shut up.

6 My half was at the bottom of the bottle我的那半儿在瓶子的下面
Jimmy and Tommy went off on their bikes for a picnic in the woods.
They had one bottle of lemonade between then. Jimmy went to explore while Tommy unpacked the food. When he returned, he found the bottle was empty.
"Hey!" he exclaimed crossly. "Half of that was mine!"
"I know," said Tommy, "but I was thirsty, and as my half was at the bottom of the bottle I had to drink through yours to get to it."
(from internet)

所有跟帖: 

谢 vs. 厚 x vs. x ? -走马读人- 给 走马读人 发送悄悄话 走马读人 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 07/12/2014 postreply 08:11:04

I really hope I can understand you:) -南山松- 给 南山松 发送悄悄话 南山松 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 07/12/2014 postreply 08:28:55

“How much for a season pass?” lol... -紫君- 给 紫君 发送悄悄话 紫君 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 07/12/2014 postreply 09:46:30

Yes, this one is really funny~~~ -南山松- 给 南山松 发送悄悄话 南山松 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 07/13/2014 postreply 05:36:26

I know the whole truth haha -乐星- 给 乐星 发送悄悄话 乐星 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 07/12/2014 postreply 10:06:42

Sometimes life is not that simple~ -南山松- 给 南山松 发送悄悄话 南山松 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 07/13/2014 postreply 05:37:27

Haha, poor daddy~ -南山松- 给 南山松 发送悄悄话 南山松 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 07/13/2014 postreply 05:38:09

haha, open vs shut up. -~叶子~- 给 ~叶子~ 发送悄悄话 ~叶子~ 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 07/12/2014 postreply 16:00:05

If a husband never says "Shut up." to his wife, that's a lucky c -南山松- 给 南山松 发送悄悄话 南山松 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 07/13/2014 postreply 05:41:22

This weekend is the episode of fines and collections^_^ -京燕- 给 京燕 发送悄悄话 京燕 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 07/14/2014 postreply 12:56:03

Yes, this week specials~ -南山松- 给 南山松 发送悄悄话 南山松 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 07/14/2014 postreply 18:32:51

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”