莎士比亚《Venus and Adonis》翻译 - 致謝

来源: bmdn 2013-04-26 09:59:20 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2117 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ bmdn ] 在 2013-04-26 14:53:53 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

It takes more a lot determination to follow this series from beginning to end than posting it. Yet I believe many of you did it and some of you probably read every single post.

I truly thank all of you for your support and encouragement. In particular I want to express my appreciation for those of you who not only read but also parsed the segments and provided very valuable suggestions and corrections. Knowing that there are always readers who share my interests is what kept me going.

It all started when I bumpped into this long peom and had problems understanding it. Struck by its form and rhthym, I thought it would help if I translate it. I decided to not to use the modern free style but opted to tranditional strict seven word but six line format because I believe that no one else translated that way. This is Shakespeare's work, so it should have been translated by numerous people and I didn't want to create just another translation. Using a more strict format made it harder to translate but also forced me to spend more time on each line and each word so that I could fully understand everything before recreating them in another language. My purpose was to learn and I figured it was a good way to learn.

It was hard work but I enjoyed it fully. In fact I wanted to do it mostly because it was hard. John Kennedy said that the US should send men to the moon not because it was easy, but because it was hard. Doing things others are intimidated to do is what differentiates those who produces results and those who don't. I produced some result, although it's not a perfect result and there are many errors and improvements can be made, and that's what is rewarding.

I encourage everyone who frequents this board to challenge yourself to do something that seems to be daunting. Your feelings of satisfaction and achievement cannot be measured in words when you finish your work. The sense of joy and accomplishment can only be truly felt by yourself once you have done it. So, go do it!

所有跟帖: 

Great work! -Lucidus- 给 Lucidus 发送悄悄话 Lucidus 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/26/2013 postreply 10:54:40

Congrats and thank you, DN! -非文学青年- 给 非文学青年 发送悄悄话 非文学青年 的博客首页 (1749 bytes) () 04/26/2013 postreply 12:31:41

Thanks for the corrections -bmdn- 给 bmdn 发送悄悄话 (51 bytes) () 04/26/2013 postreply 13:27:39

Congratulations bmdn, 200 days of hard work. Very nice message. -京燕花园- 给 京燕花园 发送悄悄话 京燕花园 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/26/2013 postreply 15:09:10

Thank you. -bmdn- 给 bmdn 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 04/26/2013 postreply 19:00:53

Congratulations! It looks like a differnt kind of Marathon. :-) -EnLearner- 给 EnLearner 发送悄悄话 EnLearner 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/26/2013 postreply 20:21:10

In great admiration of your persistency and marvelous job! -聚曦亭- 给 聚曦亭 发送悄悄话 (58 bytes) () 04/26/2013 postreply 21:17:35

Congratulations!~~ You set a high bar for us all. -冲浪潜水员- 给 冲浪潜水员 发送悄悄话 冲浪潜水员 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/26/2013 postreply 23:17:57

Congrats!You are a typical Taurus.:) Happy Birthday to you!:) -beautifulwind- 给 beautifulwind 发送悄悄话 beautifulwind 的博客首页 (37 bytes) () 04/28/2013 postreply 17:11:43

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”