I am very glad.

来源: 非文学青年 2013-01-08 12:42:48 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1446 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 非文学青年 ] 在 2013-01-09 01:12:10 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

Shark, to tell you the truth, I am envious/jealous of your writing. I think I mentioned before, you are a master of storytelling. I want to learn from you on that.

I reflected on our spat last time and I think sometimes we have to agree to disagree on things, even well-known writers have different opinions and have feuds over stuff that may seem petty and trivial to an outsider. I went overboard on your last essay, some choice of words and article usage, only because I considered you as a really good writer. Sometimes I ask myself, why bother reading the writings from this forum when there are so many masterpieces out there that I don't have time to read?  But from our conversation, I realized I am learning in this process, learning through pitfalls of other writers to avoid them in my own writing. Our similar background and same native language created similar problems for our writing, our cultural understanding, that's something we share, and something I can't get from a native speaker, from my friends in every day life.

I read Stephen King's book "On Writing" last November. It was a really good book for people who are aspiring to be fiction writers. I wanted to recommend it to you if you haven't read it. What you answered to ntol about "it's from your imagination" definitely ring a bell. it made me think of this book.

Now let me submit this answer and look for bricks in your essay. :)

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”